Braun Intertec is seeking a Building and Structure Sciences (Structures Evaluation Technician) to join our Bloomington, MN location.
Collect and test construction materials samples in a variety of different structures (i.e. pavements, damns, buildings, etc.) by using the some of following methods:
- Coring, Ground penetrating radar, Falling weight deflectometer, Floor flatness, Non-destructive testing, and other test methods and work as apparent or assigned
- To assist with Building Envelope duties as needed.
- Help with maintaining equipment
- Providing daily reports to project managers and clients
- Mentoring from and working with licensed architects/engineers.
- Will need to learn procedures and gain experience with ICC, NFPA, ADA, ASTM, ANSI, AAMA and other standards
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Mechanically inclined
- Travel out of town up to 50% of the time
- Ability to lift minimum 50 pounds.
- The employee will need to have the ability to walk through a project or jobsite, stoop, kneel, crawl, reach, carry, touch and climb. This can be in a combination of tightly enclosed areas, or on ladders, lifts and scaffolding. At times the job can be physically demanding and involves interior and exterior work in all weather conditions.
- Preferred minimum 2-year Associates Degree in Construction related field.
- Preferred minimum 2-years of construction work-related experience
- Computer proficiency. AutoCAD skills a plus.
- Valid Driver's License and clear driving record.
Braun Intertec is a Drug-Free Workplace and requires all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.
Braun Intertec employees are encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring.
Braun Intertec offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and paid holidays.As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email email@example.com.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.