AmTrust Financial Services is a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small and midsized businesses. After ten years as a publicly traded company, AmTrust was taken private in late 2018 in a transaction sponsored by the company's majority owners along with Stone Point Capital LLC. Since its privatization, AmTrust continues to focus on building value through profitable growth, optimizing capital allocation and executing strategic acquisitions and divestitures. This role represents an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the next phase of AmTrust's growth and development.
The selected candidate will join a newly formed business supporting Center of Excellence team with the primary objective of assisting in the evolution and execution of the multi-phased strategic business plan within the North American P&C Division. The candidate will support the business leaders in analyzing the current state, working to define the future state, interacting with our IT counterparts with the objective of evolving our platform and product offerings. Working with a team as well as independently, this role will help identify problems and opportunities and then specify the goals and requirements for a solution to those problems and document a solution keeping in mind the larger platform objectives and roadmap. This role will report to and take direction from the Senior Strategic Advisor to the commercial lines executive. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and fresh team, assisting in the evolution of multiple insurance products with an eye towards innovation and digitization of our portfolio of products.
Additional specifications and responsibilities for this role include:
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders and business leaders to u nderstand, review, analyze and evaluate business needs.
- Responsible for business requirements: definition and documentation for new and changed application deliverables.
- Act as a liaison between business partners and IT development team.
- Scope, elicit, analyze and document business requirements for both new and existing applications using a variety of techniques and tools.
- Define and manage the scope of projects throughout the SDLC anticipating issues and proactively recommending solutions.
- Coordinate and collaborate across business and technology functions to ensure comprehensive solutions are delivered.
- Assist the product team leadership in organizing project plans and timelines for various initiatives
- Assist in keeping team members within scope and budget to ensure end results meet intent of the initiatives
- Collect status updates on initiatives and create an aggregate report for management review
- Formally document current state processes and provide recommendations on future state processes
- Host meetings with business and IT stakeholders to identify possible resolutions to meet departmental and corporate objectives
- Develop requirements that can be executed by both business and IT teams
- Primary owner and liaison to IT for all business needs
- Possess in depth knowledge of each product line within their area of responsibility
- Own all communication between the business leader and the demand team representing the business needs and drivers
- Ability to triage incoming requests in order to determine next appropriate step and prioritization need
- Configuration, where appropriate
- Simulation: wireframing/workflow
- Gap Analysis
- Salesforce experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Facilitation skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work independently on larger initiatives to achieve desired results
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, 3+ years in an analyst role within a financial services company with property and casualty insurance company experience a plus.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, highly challenging environment where multi-tasking and short deadlines are met with consistent ability to achieve financial accuracy.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence change inside and outside of the business organization as Company evolves processes and strategy to new standards.
- Strong communication skills and experience interacting with all levels of Management.
- Ability to work closely with a team and work independently. Experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job has expired.