Job ID: 293419
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Define functional requirements, develop design specifications, develop solutions, devise test plans and participate interactively with other software engineers and vendors in the development and implementation of JD Edwards. These responsibilities require collaborative team-building skills and comprehensive communication with all levels of executive, supervisory, administrative, technical and operational staff members. Works under general supervision on routine duties involving specified standard practices. Refers problems and questionable items to supervisor for direction.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Interact extensively with all levels of management, user staff and contract consultant resources to define business processes, determine requirements, identify solutions and resolve problems.
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; provide help desk support; training users.
- Analyze current manual and automated systems and suggest alternative solutions, strategies and processes.
- Develop training, testing and implementation requirements for new systems and ensure that current systems continue to meet functional requirements.
- Collaborate fully with Information Technology group and vendor technical staff on all implementation issues.
- Establish project schedules, define objectives, measure progress and identify deviations and problem issues as they arise.
- Develop and conduct presentations to management staff on project status.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participate in professional societies.
- Manage security setup.
- Maintains data interfaces.
- 7 or more years of experience in an information technology technical confguration role for JD Edwards.
- Experience in Solutions Department preferred
- Experience in Project Management preferred
About CRH Americas
- Bachelor's Degree Required
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Overland Park Nearest Secondary Market:
Kansas City Job Segment:
Testing, Business Analyst, Project Manager, Help Desk, Information Technology, Technology
This job has expired.