Boyd is looking for an enthusiastic Technical Sales/Business Development Executive to join our strategic and growth sales teams. In this role, you will be a critical point person driving our efforts to double our business in the next three years. Key elements will be to source new customers, develop integrated product solutions, drive sales, and maintain strong customer relations.
To ensure success in this role, you should have strong knowledge of product technology, a passion for sales, highly collaborative and the ability to seek out and develop new opportunities. Ultimately, a top-class Technical Sales Executive drives business by understanding the needs of the customer and helping to develop solutions with the right product offerings.
We are seeking technical sales/business development candidates to focus on sales of Boyd's Thermal or Engineered Materials solutions in the Electronics, Medical, Industrial, Aerospace & Defense, and Automotive markets Boyd Corporation. The employee will work out of a home office, unless near a Boyd facility.
* Work directly with new customers to support and manage business growth by developing strong relationships with operating departments and various management levels.
* Develop new business and forge new relationships with the cross functional organizations at potential customers.
* Achieve intimate knowledge of customers and industries in which customers compete and completes market analysis and assessment of competitive landscape, including 1, 3, and 5-year projections on industry trends.
* Develop and execute strategies for increased customer penetration by selling additional products and services to all customer divisions.
* Set strategic goals and tactical plan to achieve significant growth and build on the culture of achieving those goals within a high success/high reward environment.
* Personally and directly engage at customer locations to win incremental business through active business development. Requires establishing strong relationships with various management levels. Periodic international travel may be necessary to develop opportunities collaboratively in foreign countries.
* Work closely with customer engineers and purchasing to ensure product and design requirement are identified. Work closely with Boyd Engineering to manage the design and development of customer solutions.
* Display and demonstrate products and solutions using prototypes, samples and marketing support materials, providing value added guidance to customers. Utilizing knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes, illustrates and emphasizes Boyd's value-added propositions.
* Manage the quotation process. In conjunction with the Sales Operations Team, performs technical review of engineering drawings and specifications, gathers and prepares required information for formal quotation including, but not limited to, drawings, sample parts, technical data, volumes, and material sources for submittal to Boyd Estimating. Manages the preparation of formal quotation packages with pricing to maximize revenue, while also maximizing Gross Margin.
* In conjunction with the Sales Operations Team, monitors and manages progress of projects in order to successfully meet customers' milestones and production schedules, from inception to implementation.
* Engage with customers on all commercial topics including credit and shipping terms, legal requirements, payments, and so forth. Manages aspects of the relationship per terms and conditions of agreements, as well as negotiating new agreements in conjunction with Boyd management. Responds when necessary to special customer needs or complaints.
* Utilizes Salesforce CRM package daily to capture all business opportunities, customer business intelligence, wins and losses. Uses this and other tools to frequently and transparently communicate opportunities and current state to colleagues and management.