JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
In this role you must understand the customer's business requirements, business process management. You will be responsible for extracting data from our internal system, manipulating, and validating data, and conducting root cause analysis. The successful candidate should be comfortable writing queries in Power BI (Dax and Power query) and develop analytical visualizations and have knowledge of Excel VBA and Power automate platform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Collecting and analyzing the project's business requirements and transferring the same knowledge to the customer solutions and development team
- Extract data from our internal system using pre-built reports and create BI dashboards using Power BI
- Use Power BI to extract data from SQL database and create customer facing BI dashboards
- Excel reports process optimization using VBA, Power Query, and other tools.
- Use Microsoft Power Automate platform for task automation.
- Evaluating the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys, and workshops
- Providing suggestions to the development team during the development stage of customer solutions to meet the client's business needs
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents
- Communicating effectively with external clients and internal teams to deliver the product's functional requirements, such as: system workflow, Report, samples, and specs
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate client and stakeholders
- Coordinating with the groups of business unit who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software
- Managing any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines
- Study system capabilities, writing specification and prepare customer reports and Business Intelligence dashboards
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Computer Science or Supply Chain Management
- 3-5 years' experience with Power BI
- Knowledge of Excel formulas and functions
Advance knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, Power query, DAX
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Power Automate platform
- Must have IT mindset and be familiar with ETL process
- Must be a self-starter and take initiatives and problem solver
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret moderate to complex business processes
- Ability to think analytically and make effective decisions under pressure
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Able to perform the essential duties of this position without posing a "direct threat" to the health or safety of self or others
- Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisors
- Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.ADDITIONAL:
- FULL AND ONGOING TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED
- Database and SQL querying language basic knowledge preferred but not required
- Candidate must have flexibility and capability to adapt to Company business needs, changes and requirements.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.