Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Red Lion Controls, an operating company of Spectris, has an opportunity for Buyer at its headquarters location in York, Pennsylvania. The role has wide-ranging responsibilities, and the opportunity presents itself at a critical and exciting time within the Company; Red Lion seeks to expand its presence in our domestic and overseas markets.
The Buyer will be Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer delivers a sustainable competitive cost advantage for the manufacturing and business operations of Red Lion by analyzing the lowest cost for all component parts, raw materials, maintenance, repairs, and Contract Manufacture requirements, capital equipment, services and other purchased items needed to run the business.
Red Lion is a growing, well-regarded employer that has strong roots in York, PA. The successful individual will be a key factor in the growth of our business.
Key Job Requirements
- Manage and maintain professional relationships with our supplier partners and engage in negotiations that are honest and fair with preference given to competitive suppliers who have demonstrated the ability to consistently meet our expectations regarding on-time delivery and quality.
- Participates in vendor negotiations that are honest and fair with preference given to competitive suppliers who have demonstrated the ability to consistently meet Red Lion's expectations regarding on-time delivery and quality. Participates in the on-going assessments of supplier quality and delivery performance to ensure that purchased parts, materials and services are provided as specified.
- Actively manages the purchasing of a select group of suppliers and services, in support of operations, order fulfillment and corporate goals. Works with all disciplines to develop sourcing strategies and recommendations to support and improve new and existing product lines. Manages and documents the quoting process, negotiates contracts, performs business reviews with key suppliers and implements cost reduction strategies.
- Manage and execute daily MRP actions proposals, and follow up with the suppliers delivery confirmation of purchase order lines in a timely manner.
- Provides input to Purchasing Manager on business improvement, quality, and cost-containment opportunities.
- Responsible for achieving the highest quality/lowest cost of ownership by driving Red Lion and supplier process improvements, Manages the document, quoting, and business review process with key suppliers to help implement cost reduction strategies.
- Analyzes data related to cost of inventory, cost of goods for assigned components or product lines, shipping, raw materials and manufacturing services.
- Analyzes and responds to MRP/RMRR requirements to achieve optimal inventory levels consistent with department and company objectives.
- Identifies and minimizes supply problems in advance of operational impact.
- Analyzes and implements ECN's, TDN's, etc.
- Reviews and aids in the disposition of out-of-spec materials (VPDR's) including corrective actions.
- Assists in the hiring and training processes of other Commodity Managers.
- Performs duties upon request when needed for the department or corporate management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management of Logistics, or equivalent purchasing / procurement experience.
- 3 years' experience with purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- 6+ months of experience in the industrial control market or equivalent.
- Must have a demonstrated record of cost reduction, process improvements and inventory management.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skill to effectively interface with supervisor and co-workers.
- Must have superior communication skills both written and orally.
- Must hold a basic knowledge in tooling programs, mechanical specification drawings, purchasing and material planning procedures, and agency approvals.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Endorse, support and model the Company's core values of:
- Management of electronic components including active and passive components, displays, LEDs, LCD, Printed circuit boards, transformers, connectors, etc.
- Knowledge of purchasing and material planning procedures and practices (MRP, DBM, stockroom practices, Etc.)
- IFS ERP system.
Red Lion Controls provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Red Lion Controls complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job has expired.