GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Following established hospital, Joint Commission (JC), DPH and department guidelines and procedures, ensures all linen items, including scrubs/uniforms are efficiently delivered to end-user according to schedule/need.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receives and stores linen items at designated locations according to established schedules.
• Assesses and fills inpatient exchange carts daily.
• Ensures all standing orders are filled and ancillary areas are assessed and filled. Both types of orders should be subsequently staged for delivery.
• Receives and fills all demand orders from established user-areas and stages for delivery and distribution.
• Ensures exchange carts are delivered to inpatient floors according to schedule.
• Answers the telephone and responds to all customer requests/inquiries.
• Inspects, rejects and disposes of clean linen items as appropriate.
• Fills Scrub Machine Dispensers and empties Soiled Scrub Machines in accordance to policy and schedule.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred).
• Must speak and understand English.
• Basic mathematical and communication skills.
• Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds (50 lbs.) and remain on feet for 80% of work time.
• Must be able push/pull 400 lbs. using flat bed (manual); 800 lbs. using pallet jack (manual).
• Must be able to learn/operate electric power jack to move 1500 lbs.
• Must have the ability to adjust to operational changes including service and schedule changes
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Ability to work in fast paced environment. Ability to work on weekends. Ability to work as part of a team.
HOSPITAL WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works within legal, regulatory, accreditation and ethical practice standards relevant to the position and as established by BWH/Partners; follows safe practices required for the position; complies with appropriate BWH and Partners policies and procedures; fulfills any training required by BWH and/or Partners, as appropriate; brings potential matters of non-compliance to the attention of the supervisor or other appropriate hospital staff.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.