Are you ready to be part of an exciting new department? Brigham and Women's Hospital is establishing a new, in-house Police & Security Department. As a Dispatcher, you will be responsible for dispatching and coordinating a team of security professionals charged with the mission of providing a safe and secure environment for the Brigham and Women's Hospital community. Successful candidates will have flexible schedule availability, the ability to adapt to a new and evolving operation, and the motivation to achieve the high professional standards required by the department. Do you have what it takes? Apply today!
GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the general direction of the shift Supervisor, incumbent is responsible for the functioning of all security operations center activities, including but not limited to, the operation of telephones, alarm systems, access control systems, CCTV systems, radio systems and computers, ensuring that all equipment is in good working order. Incumbent communicates with the hospital's security integrator in order to ensure timely repairs to out of service equipment and/or systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for receiving and responding to, in a timely manner, high volumes of telephone calls for service, requests for emergency and routine assistance, and the assignment of personnel/resources to such requests.
• The Communication Center Operator will interpret all requests for service, prioritize and determine appropriate response using a high level of discretion and judgment while considering prescribed policies and procedures.
• Initiates notification of appropriate authorities in the event of emergency, directs the appropriate response of all Security personnel, coordinates radio communications and response among other hospital departments and other Partners entities.
• Document the receipt of all telephone calls and/or request for service and the response thereto utilizing Computer Aided Dispatching software and such other systems and/or programs used by the department. Prepare and provide reports of such calls and responses to shift supervisors, and Senior Management. Assists in the analysis and evaluation of the utilization of department personnel.
• Monitor all alarms, CCTV, access control, radio and computer systems, evaluating and documenting any deficiencies therewith and providing necessary information to effectively rectify any such deficiencies. Perform and document procedures to insure continued operation of all equipment and systems, including, but not limited to, the troubleshooting and testing of equipment and associated materials.
• Receives, documents and assumes responsibility for all items turned into the department as lost or found and utilizes due diligence in locating owner and insuring the return or safekeeping of such property. Prepare and provide periodic reports of all such items including the disposition therefore.
• Operates Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) and processes inquiries as appropriate.
• Maintains key inventory and dispenses keys.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Minimum of a High School diploma or GED required. Higher education (Associate's degree) in criminal justice or related field is preferred.
• At least 2 years of police, emergency services, security or related experience required. Experience as a police, fire, and/or emergency services dispatcher preferred.
• Must submit to and pass an initial and annual criminal background check.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain access to Criminal Justice Information Systems.
• Must obtain and maintain required certifications/training in the following programs (training provided by department):
--APCO International Public Safety Telecommunicator
--International Association of Healthcare Safety and Security (IAHSS) Basic Officer Certification (within first 6 months)
• Must have experience with the operation of computer systems, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent communication skills, including but not limited to, telephone answering techniques, using tact and diplomacy, being an active listener and being articulate. Friendly and outgoing with a commitment to service.
• Strong problem solving skills, critical and analytical thinking, good judgment and decision making ability.
• Good organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize and handle diverse, stressful situations in a fast paced, high volume environment.
• Intermediate computer skills; typing, use of database software, communications equipment and access programming.
• Access control, computer aided dispatch and intermediate computer skills preferred.
• Knowledge of closed circuit TV and alarm systems preferred.
• Strong writing skills to provide and maintain documentation to support data
• Discretion and judgment in handling confidential information.
• Ability to work well and effectively under pressure individually as well as in a team.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to recognize, acknowledges, respect and effectively interact with different ages and cultures.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Strong sight and hearing abilities needed in order to operate computer systems, telephones, radios, and to effectively deal with diverse and emergency situations.
HOSPITAL WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Brigham and Women's Hospital I CARE Standards
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C. I will Communicate my commitment to high quality performance
A. I will Appear and act as a professional
R. I will Respect all individuals
E. I will Extend myself
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Posted about 3 hours ago