Since 1980, CobbFendley has been committed to providing innovative engineering and surveying solutions with the goal of bettering communities. Our multi-discipline approach allows for the efficient completion of projects through experienced staff who focus on client communication. We are always seeking talented and qualified professionals to enhance our ability to provide clients with exceptional service.
Are you ready to Join Our Block and advance your career?At CobbFendley, people are our most valued resource. We offer a(n):
CobbFendley is seeking a CAD Design Technician in our Chandler, Arizona office.
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits including 401(k) Matching and Profit-sharing Contributions; Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Employer Funded and Voluntary Life Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; and Continuing Education Programs
- Extended office closure from December 25 through January 1 to relax and enjoy the holidays
- Professional and personal growth through innovative in-house training and collaborative resources
- Community service opportunities through the CobbFendley Cares Committee, focusing on STEM Education, Hunger Relief, and Sustainable Solutions
The successful candidate’s most important qualifications include the following.
- One (1+) years of recent experience in Computer Aided Drafting required; experience with broadband fiber optic or utility design projects required.
- One (1+) years' experience performing data entry, update, and maintenance functions for a Geographic Information System (GIS) database.
- Computer drafting skills should include using line styles, cell properties, project reference files, global and local coordinates extracting profile data using TIN or DTM files and using creative scaling techniques.
- Experience in reading and understanding utility, broadband, or telecommunications cable systems and associated documents.
- Knowledgeable of city, county, state and local utility permits are highly desired.
- Fundamental knowledge of Outside Plant, running line, conduit and cable design for copper, fiber optics, coax, manholes, hand holes, Make-Ready Engineering and poles (aerial and underground).
- Experience interpreting both utility records and civil engineering plans and profiles; preparing base drawings from survey data and notes; and be willing to learn new ways to input 2D and 3D utility data into exhibits.
- Creating plan and profile drawings for utility facilities such as electric, gas, telecommunications systems, sewer or water.
- Experience in offering CAD support to subsurface utility engineering or utility design projects.
- Motivation to work in a dynamic environment with strict deadlines.
- Commitment to perform responsibilities consistent with industry standards to achieve department and company goals.
- Interest in collaborating and developing relationships with clients, partners, and local organizations to remain a trusted resource in the community.
- Thorough understanding of civil engineering and utility symbols and terminology with respect to preparation of plan & profile drawings for utility systems located within public rights-of-way. A functional knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. MicroStation and AutoCAD computer aided drafting knowledge is required.
- Work with Project Manager in the design and preparation of detailed computer aided drawings for construction of underground utility (telephone, electrical conduit, and gas) systems.
- Provide CAD support for Utility Coordination, Subsurface Utility Engineering, and Municipal Projects, as workload dictates.
- Meet project completion dates and budgets set by Project Manager and Client.
- Work with rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from Client or Project Manager for use in the development of final construction drawings.
- Must be able to understand and work directly with survey notes and utility record drawings.
- Must be able to plot plan & profile drawings to include cross-sections, spot elevations, buildings, walls, fences, roadways, rights-of-way, underground utilities, tunnels, overhead power lines, and other structures noted in the survey notes or on the utility record drawings.
- May include collecting field or other utility record data required for completion of construction drawings when necessary.
- Calculate or determine project utility dimensioning, profile grades, route elevations, underground utility line elevations, underground utility line sizes, and quantities of materials.
- Prioritize and effectively plan work.
- File records and key documents for easy access by others.
- Perform independent research and adapt to changing priorities.
- Workin a collaborative team environment and deliver accurate work product that is error free.
- Adhere to CobbFendley’s safety standards to uphold a safe and efficient environment.
- Maintain a professional attitude and fulfill responsibilities with integrity.
If and when the duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Mobility within the office including movement between floors and workstations.
- Repeated motions (e.g., typing, reaching, bending, lifting, and carrying).
- Communication with other employees and clients.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Most work is performed in a professional office environment. Some trips to client offices and job sites for observations will be required.
- Job site observations factors could include: walking and climbing on uneven surfaces, exposure to outdoor environments and extreme weather (heat and freezing temperatures), noise exposure, driving for extended periods of time, exposure to allergens (e.g., pollen, dust, cedar, sumac, poison ivy), exposure to construction and traffic work zones, possible hand and power tool use, and extended periods of Personal Protective Equipment use.
- Extended use of electronic devices (e.g., computers, printers, copiers, scanners, plotters, and telephones).
- Use of cutting tools and equipment (e.g., plotting equipment, rotary paper cutter).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM MST.
At CobbFendley, we are an equal opportunity employer, interested in qualified candidates with the requisite employment authorization eligibility to work in the United States. All candidates are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- EEO is the Law (English)
- EEO is the Law (Spanish)
- EEO is the Law - Poster Supplement
This job has expired.
Pre-Employment Screenings.All offers of employment at CobbFendley are contingent upon the prospective employee passing a drug screening, physical exam (if applicable), and various background verifications (including but not limited to 10-year history of the county, state, federal, and a 5-year history of motor vehicle records).
Work Authorization + Sponsorship.Cobb, Fendley & Associates, Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA). The E-Verify system uses federal databases to rapidly validate individual identities and work eligibility from the information gathered in the Form I-9. CobbFendley will not sponsor applications of work visas. We understand that this could affect your decision to apply with these conditions in mind.
External Recruiting Agencies.CobbFendley does not and will not accept unsolicited resumes under any circumstances from independent recruiters, recruiting agencies, or similar entities. Recruiting activity on behalf of a candidate does NOT constitute CobbFendley's acceptance of terms and conditions without prior contractual agreements signed by authorized CobbFendley personnel. Unsolicited resumes through any channels including cold calling, emails, applications, social media messaging, etc., will not be reviewed.