This individual will be responsible for answering inbound customer phone calls related to the selling or purchasing of scrap from private party customers or other entities with which the organization conducts business. The individual may also be responsible for placing outbound customer calls in response to phone, email, facsimile or electronic facsimile inquiries.
This position operates under flexible parameters. The primary goal of this position is to achieve excellence in all facets of the position. Providing the highest quality product safely, effectively and efficiently decreases accidents and errors and increase profits.
Internal Control Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service in all facets of the job.
- Interact with customers via phone and/or email to obtain necessary information to provide appropriate contact for pricing and communicate general information regarding our scrap acceptance policies.
- Interact with customers via phone and/or email to address inquiries and requests for information related to the sale of scrap to our facility.
- Respond to customer requests regarding Schnitzer Yard information such as hours, days of operation, sales, etc.
- Interact with Schnitzer Yard personnel to respond to customer inquiries to assist with the resolution of customer request, complaints or concerns.
- Adhere to departmental standards of performance.
- Work effectively with other contact center agents, team leaders, supervisors and manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions
- Supports the Company's Internal Control process which includes understanding, communicating, and complying with defined internal controls as well as suggesting and making modifications to the policies, procedures, and controls to better relate to the business.
- Communicates upward problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions.
- The ability to stand, walk and sit up to 90% of the time. Manual dexterity to reach and handle items with hands and arms. Ability to talk and hear; Peripheral and depth perception vision; Light to moderate physical activity performing non-strenuous, repetitive daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous experience in a call center preferred
- Ability to speak English required
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate with customers in a positive, helpful and friendly manner
- Dependable with good work ethic
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
- Multiline phone experience
- Organized with attention to detail
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with a diverse customer base
- Ability to multi-task
- Available to work any full or part time day shift
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.