Work schedule: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm CST
Location : Remote
The Care Support Specialist serves as a catalyst for helping Aspire achieve its mission "to develop the nation's leading network of specialized physician practices that provides the highest quality medical, emotional, and spiritual support to patients and families facing a serious illness". Our Care Support Coordinators demonstrate compassion for individual needs, attention to detail, and professional collaboration with other associates; all of which are critical for the successful execution of this role.
- Working from a list of active patients, make outbound calls to schedule in-home visits and ensure each patient understands how they can benefit from services.
- This includes identifying patients' issues, anticipating future needs, and building the relationship between the patient and Aspire.
- Optimize routes for field practitioners to serve patients in a way that balances patient and colleague satisfaction.
- Escalate patient needs to the appropriate members of the care team.
- Demonstrate high quality patient service at all times.
- Complete ongoing training and coaching programs for further skills and knowledge development.
- Work collaboratively with our field-based nurse practitioners and other associates within the Patient Care Center.
- Accurately and concisely document patient feedback and special needs during each call in our computer systems, enabling our market-based clinicians to provide excellent care during each appointment.
- May be requested to support and perform other call types (inbound, enrollment) based on business demand.
- As tenure, familiarity, and comfort in the role increases, associates within the Care Support team can be afforded new opportunities with additional patient workloads.
Education and experience requirements
- An exceptional customer service orientation featuring an empathetic, compassionate, and professional demeanor in every interaction.
- Remains positive and keeps forward momentum when faced with challenges
- Demonstrates capacity to embrace complex problems and arrive at effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong oral and written and communication skills
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry is strongly preferred
- Previous experience and success in a telephonic customer service call center
- Strong data entry skills and ability to navigate multiple computer screens
- Enjoys working in a team-based environment with active collaboration with remote associates to maximize success.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment that relies on the ability to multi-task and balance multiple competing priorities yet is still able to balance that energy and drive with sensitivity and compassion.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Bachelor's degree in either a business or health science field or at least 3 years of equivalent experience
No travel is expected for this position.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health. Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.