Job DetailsJob Location Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OHPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level Graduate DegreeTravel Percentage NegligibleJob Category Education Department: Career & Experiential EducationReports to: DirectorStatus: ExemptPurpose: Facilitate individual career coaching, co-op/internship process, and job search assistance with students. Provide alumni with career and professional development assistance, as needed. Develop and present workshops, career programs, and classroom presentations. Instruct professional development courses. Recruit, develop, and maintain an employer base to support the student's career aspirations through co-op and post-graduation job search. Collaborate with the staff and Director for planning, problem-solving, and programming.Duties:
- Facilitate career coaching, advising, and co-op activities with stakeholders in assigned disciplines. Offer general support for all disciplines offered at the University.
- Recruit, interview, and prepare applicants from the assigned academic departments for co-op courses and roles.
- Maintain notes, records, and course-related information using University and career management software(s).
- Review reports, evaluate student progress, assign grades, follow-up, replace and assist in the revision of co-op student responsibilities when necessary.
- Develop and maintain employer relationships to support co-op/internship/job search and career development needs of the assigned majors.
- Provide orientation for new faculty coordinators and collaborate for assessment purposes every semester.
- Participate in and support the student's career development through other departmental activities. Serve as point of contact/liaison for assigned schools, majors, and stakeholders.
- Participate in the Cooperative Education Advisory Board.
- Develop and facilitate educational workshops, events, programs, and materials to meet educational outcomes and career-related needs of students and constituents.
- Teach two (2) CED courses per semester
- Stay abreast of emerging trends related to education, employment, industry, and training; implement changes/enhancements as appropriate.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- Occasionally on weekends or in the evenings as necessary. Some local travel.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Director, coordinators, students, faculty, staff, employers, and other members of the University community.Supervision Exercised:
May direct routine tasks and activities of the Administrative Assistant, CEEC co-op(s), and student workers.Supervision Received:
Works toward a previously defined objective with little supervision and uses a wide range of procedures; plans and arranges own work referring unusual cases to the Director Education:
Masters degree in related field required within 1 year of employment. Experience:
At least 3 months of experience required. 1-2 years of related experience preferred. Assistantships and other related roles may count toward total experience. A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.Specialized Training:
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office. CARS, Web registration, databases, and student software preferred. Or any combination of education, experience, or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Skills/Attributes Customer Service:
- Exhibit a customer first attitude with faculty/staff, students, alumni, and stakeholders. Provide exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions, demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations.
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student-faculty-staff-stakeholder customer needs and expectations; anticipate and identify customer needs.
- Demonstrate high energy, an enthusiastic approach to duties, and a commitment to liberal arts education.
- Willing to develop employer relationships and opportunities for students in assigned majors.
- Communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with others to achieve office, division, and University goals.
- Assist in various responsibilities within the Career & Experiential Education Center and Academic Affairs, especially during high service demand times.
Attention to Detail:
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty, and co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and strengths in public speaking.
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others.
- Demonstrate empathy with people from a variety of backgrounds and situations.
- Ability to utilize counseling skills in a career-related capacity. Make appropriate referrals for other counseling services.
- Takes a proactive approach to engaging others and keeping key parties informed.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Ensure the accuracy of the information that is provided to others.
- Appropriate theory base in career development, student development, experiential learning, or knowledge base in human resources from a business and industry setting.
- Experience in developing and reviewing resumes, cover letters, and career-related items.
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem-solving.
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion. Organize workload so as to meet deadlines related to planning and implementing events.
- Ability to perform tasks as appropriate without direct supervision.
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within the department and/or position.
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has expired.