Join our OXO Team at Helen of Troy as our Category Manager (Senior Category Advisor), and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day!
At OXO, we're on a quest to make every day better. For 30 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before - especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, "there's got to be a better way to do this," then you belong here.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, summer outings to theme parks, we like coming to work every day, and think you should, too.
**Hybrid Schedule: Our NYC team has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected onsite an average of three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding any changes to our hybrid schedule will be communicated as we continue to closely supervise COVID-19 with employee safety is our priority.
What you will be doing:
As our customer's most trusted category authority, the Category Manager will support the Target Merchandising Team to bring about outstanding growth solutions.
As the category specialist, our Advisor will develop differentiated, relevant, and concrete insights that guide a market-leading category growth strategy. The Advisor will aid in the execution of the strategy and provide critical metric tracking.
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Stewards the value of Helen of Troy's Data analytics teams and structure with Target's Merchandising Leadership:
- Runs the interaction with Target to evaluate the category, address key business questions, and build strategies and tactics to drive category growth
- Deliver fully coordinated consumer, category, and market insights to guide Target's strategic choices and tactical actions to help provide outstanding growth
- Assist Target in the 4Ps of retail to help ensure the product is where the guest is looking for it, at the right price
- Responsible for planning and implementing merchandising plans and revisions (POG building):
- Yearly resets and "touches" for the POG will occur two times a year and the senior category advisor will work with the target merchandising team to successfully navigate this process.
- During this process, the senior category advisor will be attending in-person work in Minneapolis and will need to be available to travel during this time
- Fully integrate into the OXO culture and product knowledge base:
- Use the BUILT-UP knowledge in the OXO product development teams to have the history of what has and has not worked in the category for target and the overall retail landscape.
- Encourage a sense of camaraderie across the organization to build a culture of trust and teamwork
- Provide concise and concrete feedback and appreciation
- Identify and attend external trade group presentations and or learning summits
- Ability to analyze, understand and interpret point of sale and syndicated data
- Ability to simultaneously prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to build a complete category management review including relevant data and recommendations
- Strong analytical, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Capability to develop and influence strategy at both retailer and manufacturer, with management-level positions
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years' experience as Target Category Advisor
- 5 year's experience in a combination of Category Management, Analytics, or Sales
- Extensive knowledge of syndicated data sources: NPD, Nielsen/IRI, Household Panel, & TraQline
- Extensive knowledge of JDA Space Planning software
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with senior customer leadership at the Senior Buyer/Merchant or DMM level
- Ability to travel domestically on an as-needed basis (15-20%)
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business
- Experience in Consumer Product Goods
In Colorado and New York City, the standard base pay range for this role is $ 81,983- $126,663 Annually. This base pay range is specific to Colorado and New York City and may not be applicable to other locations. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to location, experience, skill level, and performance. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees.
Benefits: Salary + Bonus, Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, 401(k) with company match, Basic Life Insurance, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Charitable (volunteer) Leave, and Educational Assistance.
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy encourages people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skills, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
. Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in1968,Helen of Troy has grown into a leadingglobal consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Osprey®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Braun®, Vicks®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great.We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centricinnovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services tomake them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.