Location:Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category:Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 562843
Location: 401 N. Broadway, Baltimore, MD 212
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt, Pay Grade: CK
Responsibilities include the performance of highly technical and complex cellular and immunotherapeutic procedures. Additionally, this position requires significant experience to assist the Hematopoietic Technical Specialist III. These include, but are not limited to cell separation, cryopreservation, quantification, and characterization of products for bone marrow transplant or other immunotherapeutic procedures for clinical use. Products may include white blood cells, bone marrow or peripheral blood stem cells as well as other biological components. Serves as a resource to coworkers and others in field on aspects of cellular separation and processing characteristics and procedures.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or other biological science.
Requires 2 years previous laboratory experience with progressively increasing responsibility in a clinical laboratory setting. Specific experience in cell processing and cryopreservation is preferred as this position builds upon the basic skills used and acquired in these areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work requires a high level of knowledge of clinical laboratory procedures and instrumentation, especially those used for hematological assays and cell component processing. Requires familiarity with cryopreservation techniques and special equipment used for such.
- Requires knowledge of immunotherapy and scientific principles.
- Requires the ability to use a wide variety of analytical techniques and rationale to use instrumentation, interpret results, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Requires attention to detail and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with other staff and physicians.
- Requires adherence to practices for good sterile technique.
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate with coworkers, staff, visitors and physicians.
- Requires ability to recognize deficiencies in procedures which can only come from specialized experience in this field.
- Requires ability to lead and direct others when designated to do so.
- Must be familiar with operation and performance of basic laboratory equipment including centrifuges, microscopes, cell selection devices, incubators, cell counters, hemapheresis machines, cell washers, liquid nitrogen storage devices and programmable freezers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/cell-therapy-laboratory-technologist-ii-allied-health-clinical-professional-johns-hopkins-hospital-b-616233-071eb/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency