Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, a member of Trinity Health, Mid-Atlantic, is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to join our UrologyTeam!
Shift: Full-time, days
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in the preparation, examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the physician. Appropriately and professionally, assist physician and patients during the examination. Assist with front desk duties when necessary. The MA is responsible for maintaining the clinical inventories for the practice under the direction and guidance of the Office Manager/Coordinator/Leader and/or providers.
- Show patients to exam room, interview patients, measure vital signs (i.e. pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height) and document in Electronic Health Record.
- Take any necessary labs, prepare for pick up and record in the patient electronic health record, communicate with the appropriate departments on protocol for all labs and receiving all information they need for procedures.
- Answer telephone calls promptly and courteously and relay all messages accurately.
- Follow up on voice mail messages each morning and triage messages before physician takes action, send messages via telephone template in electronic health record.
- Assist with Quality Metrics and Gaps in Care.
- Completes other duties as assigned by management or providers in a professional and timely fashion.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical Assistant Certification (required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required)
- 1+ year of previous Medical Assistant experience in a Physician's office (preferred)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- And more!
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.