A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma has an opening as a Chemical Operator to work within our manufacturing setting to help advance a world of critical medical discoveries. Our ultra-filtration membranes make possible the development of next-generation vaccines, treatments, and therapies for a wide range of conditions - including COVID-19.
The working hours for this role will be 9:30pm -6:00am; Sun-Thurs
- Mechanical equipment setup
- Web & chemical handling
- Move and handle materials on the floor
- Operate programmable logic controller (PLC)
- Prepare and process samples for in-process quality tests
- Recommend improvements
- Clean and maintain an organized work area
Who You Are:Basic Qualifications:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. individually
- Stand, bend, and twist for an entire shift
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ year(s) of manufacturing operator experience
What we offer:
- Knowledge of EH&S, ISO, cGMP, and other manufacturing regulatory requirements
- A solid understanding and application of basic math skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience handling chemicals
- Adaptability and willingness to learn multiple operations and tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently while also being a positive contributor to a strong, cohesive team
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Previous computer hardware/software experience
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 223206
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.