Chemist I (off-shift)
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Mt. Vernon site was established in 1972 and is the flagship site delivering innovative, life changing oral solid medicines. At the site we formulate and pack OSD tablets, capsules for over 60+ markets. The Mt Vernon site is the largest AZ production site in the US and is located in the southwest corner of the state of Indiana, approximately 15 miles from Evansville, Indiana - the third largest city in the state of Indiana. The Mt. Vernon site is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives.
The Chemist I is responsible for routine qualitative and/or quantitative analytical chemistry testing and data review on pharmaceutical raw materials, components, and/or finished products according to policy and procedures at consistently high levels with a focus on quality and efficiency (role may include shift
What you'll do:
Essential for the role:
- Performs data review activities as required.
- Participates in and may lead some QC Team Discussions.
- Maintains adequate inventories of reagents, glassware and other supplies.
- Maintains current, complete, legible notebooks and laboratory records in compliance with good scientific and regulatory practices.
- Writes and executes laboratory investigations for known lab errors and Out of Specification
- (OOS) results using the current electronic deviation system and/or other QC procedures.
- Participates in investigations for PET process areas related to QC processes or data.
- Trains QC employees in good analytical techniques, methods and instrumentation based on expertise.
- Troubleshoots methods and processes.
- Executes laboratory processes in compliance with GMPs, site and corporate policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and test methods. Immediately reports deviations that have the potential to compromise product quality.
- The role may include shift work.
- Performs testing on a range of samples, including chemical raw materials, components
- (including packaging materials), finished products, stability samples, water, and environmental samples.
- May perform sampling activities of various types in the facility (e.g., swabs.).
- Dispose of flammable materials in the < 90 day accumulation container.
- Maintains and troubleshoots testing equipment.
- Provides and follows up on ideas for continuous improvements in laboratory processes.
- Performs project work.
- Trains QC employees in GMP, SHE, QC methods and processes.
- Troubleshoots methods and processes.
- May serve as an expert in a specific area of laboratory equipment, process, or system.
- Bachelor degree or a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated relevant experience in Quality Control lab setting
- Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in Chemistry or a related discipline.
- 2 years laboratory experience.
- High level of knowledge and competence with a specific piece of laboratory equipment, or a QC/QA process or system.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Interested? Come and join our journey!Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.