AmTrust Financial Services, a fast-growing commercial insurance company, has an opportunity for a Claims Assistant within our Managed Care organization where your talent and abilities contribute to our competitive edge. This is an office-based position but will start remotely due to Covid. The WC Claims Assistant will provide assistance to our Managed Care organization for workers' compensation claims by performing a variety of support services. The Claims Assistant position will report to a supervisor.
- Performs data entry functions (claim file updates, forms, form letters, electronic interfaces, etc.) as directed by nurse, claims adjuster or supervisor.
- Responsible for assigning claims to nurse case managers based off referral submissions from adjusters.
- Assists adjusters and nurse case managers in contacting insureds or other involved persons to obtain missing or incomplete information
- Performs general maintenance of claims documents in the claim files
- Other tasks as assigned by adjusters, nurse case managers, or supervisor
- General knowledge of workers' compensation claims procedures and policies
- Ability to take direction and make decisions
- Self-organized and detail oriented
- Ability to learn new procedures quickly and adapt to a changing environment
- Professional telephone demeanor and good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of business technology
- Ability to work in a team environment
What We Offer
- High school diploma
- Some college preferred
- 1- 3 years of experience in a worker's compensation claims department or related experience
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
This job has expired.