Job ID: 293699
SIGCO is the preeminent architectural glass and metal fabricator and distributor in New England. Since our inception in 1986, SIGCO has grown and changed over the decades, expanding into new product areas and territories, while maintaining a cutting edge manufacturing facility. But our commitment to service and craftsmanship remain unchanged.
STARTING WAGES: $23/HR FOR CDL-B AND $25/HR FOR CDL-A!
Do you hold an active CDL-B or CDL-A?
Are you looking for a driving/trucking career that offers nights and weekends OFF?
Do you pride yourself on your hard work ethic and accident-free driving record?
Do you love customer interaction and working for a company that provides high-quality product?
Apply to become a SIGCO driver today!
This position involves transporting glass and/or metal products to local and out of state customers with company assigned vehicles; boom / straight trucks with the possibility of lay-overs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Day to day activities will consist of handling and loading/unloading glass and/or metal products, load securement, daily pre and post-trip of vehicles, multiple deliveries, and customer service. Unloading could include handling loose, crated, and racked glass, metal and associated products, as well as operating boom cranes, and truck-mounted forklifts.
Regular and predictable attendance, safe performance of tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of this job.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
To be considered for a position that requires driving company-owned or leased vehicles as a regular part of his/ her job duties, the following conditions must be met:
- At least 21 years old.
- A valid driver's license issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving.
- A current medical examiner's certificate of physical qualification (medical DOT card).
- Ability to determine whether transported cargo is properly located, distributed and secured on the vehicle. Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV).
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public as well as law enforcement, to understand traffic signals, signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquires, and make entries on reports and records.
- By reason of experience, training, or both, safely operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV).
- Ability to handle varying road, traffic and weather conditions is mandatory.
- Satisfy all federal, state, and local government requirements.
- Good customer relations skills
- Operation of handheld scanners and electronic logging devices is required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening including drug/alcohol test, previous employer and criminal background checks.
- Acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) as dictated in the company standards document.
- 2 years' experience incident-free highly preferred.
- CDL-A drivers with hoist licenses will be given preference.
SIGCO/OBE tractor/trailers, straight trucks, tilt dolly, pallet jacks, booms, hoists, boom cranes, lift trucks, truck-mounted forklifts, hand tools, tie-down devices, some power tools, calculator, tape measurer, electronic logs, handheld scanners, cameras, writing instruments. Work Environment
What CRH Offers You
- Various types of weather, traffic, and road conditions.
- Normal climate conditions of the region will also be present such as humidity, heat, and cold.
- Noise levels in the work environment (in truck or plant facility) can be moderate to high.
- Plant facility environment is subject to unusually warm temperatures during the summer months due to the heat generated by the glass tempering furnaces
- With the plant facility, while the odors from glass cleaning, sealants, and other products are within acceptable levels, they nevertheless, can be smelled. Dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are also present within the atmosphere within the plant facility.
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Sigco, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Portland Maine Job Segment:
HR, Human Resources
This job has expired.