If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Shift: (Full-time, days, evening, nights, variable shifts, depends on availability)
Work Location: University of Miami Hospital
Education/Credentials/License and Certifications
a. Formal Education (Check one level only):
_____ Eighth Grade and below
_XX__ Eighth to Tenth Grade
_____ High School Diploma preferred
_____ Two Year College Degree
_____ Four Year College Degree (preferred)
_____ Graduate Degree
b. Vocational/Technical School Training (Check all that apply):
_____ In-house programs in ___________________________
_____ One-year program in ___________________________
_____ Two-year program in ___________________________
_____ Three-year program in __________________________
- Basic Life Support Certification
In Lieu of Education:
One year experience as a tech aide, courier, or CNA in hospital settings.
In Addition to Education:
Six months experience in Radiology preferred. One year experience in a hospital or clinical setting
Other required skills
Working knowledge of Meditech, PACS and basic computer skills.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Working knowledge of Meditech MOX, PACS, EPIC, electronic thermometer and sensitometer.
Eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity to operate and adjust equipment. Strength to lift cassettes, and supply boxes (up to 50 lbs.).
Ability to communicate clearly and relate cooperatively with physicians and co-workers in person and by telephone.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions. Ability to assess supply levels, and maintain accurate inventory records.
Sight abilities for reading instructions and computer inputPHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work schedule involves extensive walking, standing, sitting, and carrying (up to 50 lbs.). Pushing, pulling, lifting bending, reaching, stooping and stretching in repetitive motions. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical Environment (Describe nature and frequency of exposure to temperature extremes, excessive noise levels, etc.):
Patient care area
Occupational Safety and/or Health Risks (Describe nature and frequency of exposure to blood, body fluids, body tissue, mechanical/chemical/electrical hazards, etc.):
Exposure to chemicals in equipment use. Mechanical and electrical hazards may occur upon equipment malfunction. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports for scheduled shift on time prepared to assume duties.
- Is not absent/tardy more than 3 times within a 6 month period.
- Leaves for meal/break periods on time and returns on time.
- Punches in and out at the Kronos time clock in the Radiology lounge and if that is broken uses the one in the south building.
- Does not use cell phone or other personal computer items while on duty. Schedules PTO in advance and with supervisor's approval Answers the telephone within 3 rings by stating "Thank you for calling Radiology ..............(name) speaking.
- When transferring a call, announces the caller and briefly explains the situation before ending the transfer.
- Helps patients, family members, physicians, visitors and co-workers in a prompt and courteous manner and if unable to do so finds someone who can.
- Greats all patients using AIDET.
- Operates and maintains hospital equipment in an effective and safe manner; reports any malfunctions to a supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Responds to request for information within 15 minutes.
- Reviews new request for imaging test and or for copies of images of previous procedures for accuracy.
- Answer, screen and process phone calls in a timely and friendly manner.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Demonstrates a cost conscious attitude to time usage and consistently makes the best use of time.
- Files section prescriptions and notes in appropriate areas Demonstrates working knowledge of release of information and confidentiality policies regarding records.
- Works well with those in supervisory positions.
- Able to perform responsibilities in an independent manner with little or no direct supervision.
- Reviews hospital fire, safety and disaster drill procedures annually.
- Adheres to and supports the Mission, Vision and Values of the University of Miami Hospital. Performs other related duties as required.
- Attends continuing education programs/mandatory in services in a timely manner as scheduled.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
DIRECTION/SUPERVISION OF OTHERS
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.