Location:Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category:Allied Health/Clinical Professional
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is seeking an inpatient Clinical Dietitian, Clinical Dietitian Specialist I, Clinical Dietitian Specialist II or Clinical Dietitian Specialist III to join our innovative Clinical Nutrition Team. This individual would work collaboratively with a cutting edge multi-disciplinary health care team to promote wellness, maintain current health, and/or intervene in acute or chronic illness through evidence-based practices. This position involves the assessment and individualized care for our diverse patient population, including patients requiring enteral nutrition and/or therapeutic diets, based on the patients' health care needs.
Work requires a Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition or a related field from an accredited college or university. Knowledge of food science, biochemistry, physiology, management science, behavioral science and social science as applied to human nutrition is required
Entry level clinical nutrition experience and up CDS I Requires two or more years' clinical experience as a Registered Dietitian, including at least one year in a specialty area.
Will consider multiple levels of experience.
Requires registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Must be a Licensed Dietitian-Nutritionist within the State of Maryland or be eligible to apply for licensure prior to hire.
- Work requires knowledge of food science, biochemistry, physiology, management science, behavioral science, and social science as applied to human nutrition, human metabolism, influence of nutrition on specific diseases and conditions, and basic knowledge of clinical research tools.
- Work requires the analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to: assess patient conditions, plan suitable diets and evaluate response, and solve problems.
- Work requires substantial interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all members of the interdisciplinary team to enhance collaboration and problem-solving; to interact with patients, families, providers and other health care professionals; and to provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Work requires the ability to educate patients and teach students.
- Ability to assist in supervision of support staff and students.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard to input and obtain data.
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Weekend work required
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/clinical-dietitian-clinical-dietitian-specialist-ii-allied-health-clinical-professional-us-md-baltimore-johns-hop-620227-3d6d7/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency