This is an On Demand Clinical Educator Position
Ashfield, part of UDG Healthcare plc, is a global leader in commercialization services for the healthcare industry. We partner with our clients across Advisory, Healthcare Communications, Commercial, Patient Solutions and Medical Affairs to build creative, scalable and tailored health solutions that are executed flawlessly, to deliver positive outcomes for patients and add value to your business.
Our mission is to partner with our clients, improving lives by helping healthcare professionals and patients get the medicines, knowledge and support they need.
To provide disease state education and supplemental injection training for a injectable therapy to patients, as part of a comprehensive patient support program.
Job Holder Specification:
- Responsible to teach patients proper injection technique and associated disease state information.
- To attend and complete all training courses and related competency assessments that Ashfield requires, to an appropriate standard and within a specified time frame.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders.
- Complete all required administrative responsibilities in a timely manner. Some of these could include but are not limited to; required technology updates, timesheets, weekly summary of activity reports, emails and monthly expense reports.
- Maintain professional registration and/or licensing as required.
- Attend local and national meetings and/or conferences, as required, to keep abreast of plans, activities and developments and to exchange knowledge and experience within the team.
- Maintain all company/client equipment and materials in accordance with company instructions.
- Comply with all Ashfield and client policies and procedures as required
- Be contactable during working hours to answer queries
- To possess a valid US driver's license at all times and to notify the company immediately of any offences or accumulation of penalty points.
- Must safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality by following the guidelines set forth in the Privacy and Security Rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Perform other duties as requested
- Registered Nurse with active state license with no restriction.
- BSN preferred with 3 years' minimum experience as a Registered Nurse
- Pharmaceutical industry and home care experience preferred
- Preferred minimum of 2 years' experience with injectable therapy, rare disease experience preferred, not essential
- Demonstrate effective and professional communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable organizational skills and strong attention to details
- A self-starter with high personal motivation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Evidence of continual professional development and a desire to update professional knowledge base regularly
- Travel within geography up to 50%, may be asked to travel outside of assigned geography
To learn more about Ashfield, visit us at: http://www.ashfieldhealthcare.com/en/about-en/
Ashfield is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Ashfield are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Ashfield will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We appreciate your interest in Ashfield. Only qualified candidates will be considered.