Dartmouth-Hitchcock is home to the largest laboratory inNH, providing Pathology and Clinical Laboratory services to D-H physicianpractices, D-H hospital affiliates as well as to independent practices andhospitals throughout NH and VT. Thedepartment is a leader in process improvement (LEAN/Six Sigma) which has led toa renovated space designed for efficiency of workflow. With a slogan of 'Investigate, innovate andvalidate,' our lab is:
- A highvolume lab with cutting edge technology and automation
- Aculture that encourages collaboration and teamwork to future innovation.
- Aplace to learn and grow, and we encourage new graduates to apply for our openpositions.
For this position, we areseeking candidates with the following:
- A minimum of 3 years ofexperience in cGMP or in an academic or lab setting with aseptic or cellular therapyprocessing experience.
- Knowledge of FACTstandards and NMDP practices beneficial.
- Blood Bank knowledgeand research experience preferred
- Flexibility - positionrequires working after hours for cryopreservation and occasional lateinfusions. Weekend and holiday on call are required on a rotation basis
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week, benefitted,day-shift position.
More information about benefits atDartmouth-Hitchcock can be found here: Dartmouth-Hitchcock2020 Benefits (dhemployeebenefits.org)
Responsibilities: Alisting of the key responsibilities:
- Participates in the processing of hematopoietic stem cellsfor Autologous and Allogeneic transplants.
- Assists with new methodologies, reagents, andinstrumentation. Performsvalidations. Writes new procedures. Suggests product changes to improve performanceand/or cost. Actively participates inmanual review, revision, and implementation of SOP's for the section.
- Assists with performing quality control of instruments.
- Assists with administrative duties such as data entry, filingand inventory control of reagents, supplies, etc.
- Recommends changes to management of product or suppliesthat improve sectional process based performance or cost/budget ratio.
- Identifies problems and makes suggestions to resolveissues.
- Participates in troubleshooting, equipment maintenance and trainingneeds..
- Completes annual safety training checklist.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Keywords: medicaltechnologist, laboratory scientist, medical lab tech, med tech
- Associate's degree withMLT (Medical Laboratory Technician) (ASCP), HT (Histotechnician) (ASCP), or theequivalent in education and clinical laboratory experience required with 5years laboratory experience (as a CLS I/II or comparable position), or aBachelor's degree with MT (Medical Technologist) (ASCP), HTL(Histotechnologist) (ASCP), or the equivalent in education and clinicallaboratory experience required with 3 years laboratory experience (as a CLSII/III or comparable position).
- Able to prioritize workand meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Good communicationskills.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: