If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
UHealth IT has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Clinical Systems Analyst 3, Optimization. The Clinical Systems Analyst 3 facilitates all aspects of the clinical applications' development and implementation. Moreover, the incumbent oversees clinical and nursing issues, and provides support for applications used in the provision of patient care. Works closely with clinical analysts, clinic staff, physicians, and clinic leadership to ensure the successful implementation of technology-enabled workflows and continuous improvement towards user adoption and utilization. Additionally, the Clinical Systems Analyst 3 assists application and technical teams in the on-going management of user requests, issues, clinical application problems, and delivery of information management systems solutions. Evaluates clinic user competency and training requirements and assists with ongoing one-on-one training and support of the clinical users. This position is also responsible for the evaluation of operational workflows and the design and build of technology solutions to improve operational efficiencies and patient care.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Manages and augments the development and maintenance of clinical application systems. Ensures adequate communication is maintained regarding all project status and priorities.
- Proactively performs analysis on current operational workflows, systems, and technology in order to recommend and implement changes or enhancements that will improve operations and further promote the organization's strategic vision and goals.
- Functions as an independent application project lead for a module or system. Acts as mentor, new hire trainer, and expert for application and technical teams, and other areas during implementation rollout efforts, in the on-going management of user requests, issues, and delivery of application enhancements.
- Defines information clinical systems requirements jointly working with management and professional staff in user departments. Ensures user requirements are successfully translated into technology-enabled solutions for new implementations and future feature functionality.
- Collaborates with user departments to identify, analyze, and continuously evaluate Service Level Agreements (SLAs) relative to the supported applications. Expert in working with users to create application reports to support operational needs.
- Participates in necessary clinical operations meetings to assess user feedback, gather future requirements for modifications, and provide a status on competency, adoption, and utilization rates.
- Responsible for organization and leadership to include meeting material and presentation creation, documenting/managing/resolving action items, issues and decisions
- Collaborates with clinic leadership to develop or modify operational processes, polices, and procedures. Collaborates with integrated systems/vendors as needed.
- Manages the accurate integration of data between ancillary systems and the electronic medical record.
- Oversees the programming and accuracy of all treatment plans and protocols within the order entry system.
- Reviews and provides feedback on a beta version of training materials and job aids. Participates in pre-production simulations and training session assistance. Participates in new hire orientation by providing the clinical application support in the work area required for the job role.
- Provides first level, front-line support for hospitals and clinics regarding clinical applications. Performs initial troubleshooting and problem-resolution for assigned user groups and clinical applications. Coordinates or transitions application issues to the appropriate staff.
- Participates in organizational change management and communication efforts.
- Keeps abreast of industry information and trends related to information technology systems and participates in independent continuing professional education courses and programs.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required; however, will accept experience in lieu of education as noted below.
- Multiple Epic certification/proficiencies preferred. Must be at least ClinDoc or Orders certified/proficient.
- With degree minimum 6 years of relevant experience required. Without degree, minimum 12 years of relevant experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, Excel (pivot tables), Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Word.
- Knowledge of state-of-the art technology.
- Experience with major systems development and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management and control.
- Ability to communicate ideas and provide solutions.
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.