ECS is seeking a Cloud Engineer - Junior to work in our Vienna, VA office.
In order to meet the evolving needs of the Federal Government, including DoD customers, ECS has unique capabilities and expertise in Cloud Computing to help our customers achieve their goals and meet new Cloud-First mandates. Today, we stand out as a Cloud Leader. ECS is an AWS Premier Partner and AWS Approved Reseller.
We now have an exciting opportunity a Cloud Engineer - Junior to join our team in supporting a large DoD program. The work will be performed out of our partners' Vienna office. The candidate ideally should possess about 2-3 years of total experience with at least a year of AWS experience.
- Work with our team as a Cloud Engineer in our AWS GovCloud environment servicing a DoD customer.
- Collaborate with a team of Cloud Engineers to support infrastructure support requests.
- Administrate and manage cloud infrastructure for a DoD client.
- Assist team members by providing technical support and troubleshooting expertise for complex problems.
- Assist team with OS updates, upgrades, and patches as well as maintaining our enterprise Active Directory.
- Document any developed processes and procedures.
- Migrating existing on-premises software applications to cloud, leveraging a structured method and best practices
- Integrating multiple software products across cloud and hybrid environments
- Ability to work and produce results in an agile and fast-paced environment with dynamic deadlines.
- Experience with either Linux or Windows command line interface
- Familiarity with JSON or YAML object writing
- Understanding of orchestration tools (chef, puppet, ansible, or AWS SSM or codepipeline preferred)
- Familiarity with common protocols including but not limited to; DNS, SMTP, HTTP(s), SFTP, SCP
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, Private Clouds etc.)
- Job is performed in an office place setting with possibility of remote work
- Must be clearable for DoD Public Trust or higher
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status.
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and knowledge of AWS services and standard, best practice configurations, including EC2, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route53, CloudWatch, KMS, Redshift, S3 and Glacier, Kinesis
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Secret Clearance
- Ability to get Security+ certification
- Agile Development experience, preferably with Scrum.
- Strong technical design and development skills in order to provide scalable, efficient solutions to complex business problems, within the AWS GovCloud space
- AWS Certification(s)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.