Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Adhesive Dispensing Systems (ADS) sets the global standard in hot melt machines and dispensing, coating, and laminating systems. Manufacturers rely on our equipment for packaging, product assembly and surface treatment applications. With a leading services and support network, we help our customers worldwide increase manufacturing efficiencies and produce the highest quality products.
Performs activities necessary for the efficient manufacture and delivery of Nordson products. The requirement is to have a flexible work force that can respond appropriately to changing customer requirements.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Setup/Operate, CNC and conventional machines, their attachments and accessories.
- Milling Machines
- Drilling Machines
- Grinding Machines
- Horizontal Machine Centers
- Vertical Machine Centers
- Ability to determine optimum machining process utilizing CNC and/or Manual Machines to meet blueprint specifications
- Machine shop theory and practices
- Turning, milling, drilling, tapping, grinding, etc.
- Knowledge and application of basic shop measuring techniques
- Calipers, micrometers, indicators, gauge blocks
- Blueprint reading and ability to determine
- Optimized sequence of operations and setup requirements including raw material preparation
- In-process dimensions and tolerances required to finish part to specs
- Readily able to make different kinds of parts
- Troubleshoot and take corrective actions to control machining processes
- Detect tool wear/breakdown
- Metal cutting process-depth of cut, chip information, etc
- Work/Tool holding methods
- Machine shop safety procedures
- Ability to perform routine preventive maintenance on machines/equipment
- Knowledge of layout techniques
- Use of hand tools
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma plus technical training or relevant experience associated with the task to be performed.
- 3 to 5 years Machinist experience
Working Conditions and Physical DemandsManufacturing environment.
- Skilled in the use of measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators and optical comparators.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints to manufacture parts to engineering specifications.
- Technical Ability - effectively apply written/verbal instructions from procedures, documents and blueprints, etc
- Ability to Learn - assimilating and apply new, job related information in a timely manner
- Adaptability - maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment, assignments, responsibilities and/or priorities
- Basic Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Prolonged standing and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs as needed. Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.