Location: Tennessee Pedigree Complex, Deer Lodge, TN
Schedule: Monday through Friday, including holidays. Also covers up to 4 weekends per year.
Hours: 4:45am to 1:40pm
Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
Priority consideration will be provided to internal applicants first. Applicants with previous agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
Applicants must reside in the United States to be considered for an interview.
Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends
Competitive benefits, including:
*Health, Dental and Vision Insurance at Day 1 of hire
*Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
*Short and Long Term Disability
*Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
*Stock Purchase Plan
*Tuition-free programs at high-quality schools, including college degrees, certificates,
high school completion, English language learning courses, and more.
*New hire Referral Incentives and Sign-On Bons
* Over time eligibility
* Earned time off
• This position is responsible in assisting with supervising, supporting, and training the hatchery crews to fulfill all hatchery duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• These supervise and Assist in all Hatching processes, all Egg Set processes, and all Transfer processes, Monitor all hatchery cleaning, complete all required paperwork & Ensure genetic security in all processes (30%)
• These supervise and Assist in all aspects of the egg gathering, properly sanitize eggs, all egg shipments are filled & sent, proper handling of Pedigree & Sister eggs. (30%)
• These supervises and Assist in all Hatching processes, all Egg Set processes, and all Transfer processes, Monitor all hatchery cleaning, complete all required paperwork & Ensure genetic security in all processes (30%)
• These lead positions must currently have and consistently maintain 4 attendance points or less
• Respirator certification is required and maintained by testing on an annual basis.
Other Duties, Responsibilities, and Activities:
• These may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice, such as: Maintain and assist with housekeeping standards in the working areas; inspect birds to determine quality and progress by weighing birds weekly; sanitation of storage areas, breakroom, boot rooms, equipment, and vehicles; moving birds, grounds-keeping and organizing breeder tags; properly euthanize selected or weak/ill birds in accordance with company policy, visit other Cobb locations for training and idea-sharing; participating in applicant interviews; assist in special or non-routine projects both inside and outside of the department; obtain specialized training as needed. Fill in for egg facility during TM shortage. (10%)
Biosecurity/Animal Welfare/Safety Requirements:
• The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear is provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the jobsite except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift and/or stack chick boxes weighing up to 12 pounds and will occasionally be required to lift and stack boxes and crates weighing up to 50 pounds at times or push/pull wheeled carts up to 500-1000 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for the majority of the shift on a concrete floor; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; climbing/ladder usage, talk or hear; and drive a vehicle within the farm complex. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Tools and Equipment: tablet, tray wash, syringe, pressure washer & vehicle.
• Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also in hot, dry, dusty, wet and cold environments. Must maintain a high level of situational awareness while working around equipment and livestock.
• Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety goggles, safety glasses, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, ear plugs/muffs and rubber boots are required for different tasks. NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirators may be worn as needed.
• Chemicals Commonly Used: Must be willing to use chemicals such as vitamin supplements, animal dye, and miscellaneous disinfectants (Formaldehyde, Synergize, disinfectants, Lysol, bleach, etc)
• Safety: TM is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, LOTO and Personal Protective Equipment. TM is expected to identify, address and mitigate safety related risks.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.
Paramus, New Jersey
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Posted about 2 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our