Mask policy will be in accordance with any local, state or federal requirements but will be provided to any Team Member wishing to wear a mask.
Applicants with previous agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
Applicants must reside in the United States to be considered for an interview.
Starting wage - $16.00/hour
Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends
Competitive benefits, including:
*Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
*Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
*Short and Long Term Disability
*Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
*Stock Purchase Plan
*Educational Assistance Program (Including GED Assistance, Citizenship Assistance, ESL and tuition reimbursement
* Over time eligibility
* ETO- earned time off
Location: Pocomoke Maryland
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Hours: 6:00am - 2:00pm
Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
- Provides general farm labor to vaccinate birds and move birds to designated houses; placing new shavings in poultry houses; maintaining and cleaning farm (vaccinating) equipment. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have valid driver's license.
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities:
- Vaccinate and move birds as required to feed conversion houses, growing houses, laying houses or live haul loading area (70%)
- Set-up of poultry houses including cages, shavings, and spraying of pesticides (10%)
- Clean and disinfect equipment and vehicles used in moving birds, supplies or equipment on the farm (10%)
- These may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice, such as: repairing cages, pens, equipment; farm cleanup such as garbage/litter retrieval; properly euthanize weak/ill birds in accordance with company policy (10%)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear is provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the jobsite except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift and/or move, up to 50 pounds to move items such as partitions, cages, bird coops; tools, such as pallet jack, may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 2000 pounds such as skids of supplies, shavings, etc. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand majority of shift (concrete floor); walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; climbing/ladder usage; stoop/bend up to 1000 times per day; talk or hear; drive a vehicle within the farm complex; proficiently operate trailer/tractor/skidsteer/hyster. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. Must have good communication skills to accurately convey opinions and concerns.
- Tools and equipment: Vaccination Gun, Pressure Washer, Syringe, Vehicle
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also work in hot, dry, dusty, wet, icy, snowy and cold environments.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety goggles, safety glasses, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, and rubber boots are required. Ear plugs will be used as required. NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirators will be worn as needed.
- Chemicals Commonly Used: Disinfectants such as Synergize, Virocid, My-T-Kleen Barnwash, Lysol, Formaldehyde, Pesticide, etc.
- Safety: TM is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, LOTO and Personal Protective Equipment. TM is expected to identify, address and mitigate safety related risks.
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.
This job has expired.