Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
- Performs a variety of skilled, semi-skilled, and manual work in the repairing, cleaning, locating and inspection of the wastewater collection system, operate a variety of light construction equipment and wastewater system cleaning and maintenance.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible charge of operating including, but not limited to combination high pressure flusher/vactor truck, CCTV van, and service vehicle.
- Perform a variety of construction, repair, cleaning, & inspection work including rodding, hydro flush cleaning, television camera inspection & locating.
- Assist in maintaining & caring for assigned tools & equipment.
- Sit to drive or ride in vehicle, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, & twist while getting in & out of trenches, mixing mortar, & working in sewage; perform simple & power grasping, pushing & pulling, fine manipulation, use feet to operate foot controls, lift of carry weight of 100 pounds, hear traffic noise, & observe oncoming traffic for safety. Required to communicate via radio & hear radio dispatch signal.
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled & manual work involved in the maintenance, cleaning, & closed circuit television inspection of sewer lines & structures.
- Operate hand & power tools, including air compressors, jack hammers, & cement mixers, perform heavy manual labor.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Learn and observe all safety precautions as required by the Company, including, but not limited to, MA/OSHA General Industry Safety Directives, will be required to enter confined space.
- Ability to be on call some nights and weekends to work overtime in response to emergency situations and alarms.
- Must live within 30 minutes of the office/garage to respond to emergencies, work shift, on-call, weekends, and holidays as assigned.
Education / Experience / Background
- A combination equal to a high school diploma and experience in the operation and maintenance of a collections system or wastewater treatment plant or related field.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintaining safe & efficient working conditions including housekeeping.
- Ability to perform considerable walking, climbing, moderate to heavy lifting and carrying.
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- Must possess or be able to obtain a MA Class 2 CDL with Tanker driver's license within 36 months of hire. Must meet all written, physical, testing and notification requirements established by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Grade 4 Collections Certificate within 36 months of hire.
- Must pass CORI check.
VNA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. VNA's practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person's sex, race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group status as defined by applicable law.
VNA gives fair consideration to all qualified individuals and affords all employees and applicants opportunities for advancement according to their individual abilities without regard to membership in any applicable protected category. No opportunity for hire, advancement or any other condition of employment will be diminished through unlawful discriminatory practices.
This job has expired.