AutoNation Collision Center Marietta
At AutoNation, we love to go above and beyond for our customers. We’re looking for an inspirational Collision Director to join our team. As a Collision Director, your excellent communication and follow-up skills will help you develop business through relationships with insurance companies, dealership contacts and other sources to ensure the sales volume meets operating profit targets. You’ll showcase your excellent leadership skills as you supervise and mentor your team, guiding them through professional development and ensuring a high level of engagement. You demonstrate a keen eye for detail as you control expenses and track financial performance metrics for your shop. You also take great pride in your ability to interact with customers, you love to make a great impression and you’re a skilled problem-solver.
The Collision Director reports to the Region Collision Director and interacts daily with dealership Associates at various levels.
- Forecast goals and objectives for the collision center
- Prepare and /or administer an annual operating budget for the collision center
- Understand, keep abreast of and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect Collision Center operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, safety inspections, OSHA guidelines, Associate safety programs, and EPA air quality standards
- Recruit, select, on-boarding and train Associates
- Track Associate performance; coach, counsel, develop and retain team
- Schedule and monitor work in progress, and appraise completed work for accuracy and quality
- Submit and/or maintain Collision Center technicians’ payroll and Associate documentation, including proof of technician certification (e.g., I-CAR, ASE, AC as required by Region and company guidelines)
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other AutoNation dealerships, insurance adjusters and customers to encourage repeat business and referrals
- Maintain/manage DRP accounts; communicate changes/status updates to Region Leadership
- Ensure customer complaints are handled respectfully and in a timely manner
- Ensure Collision Center facilities are appropriately maintained and clutter free, including customer waiting and work areas
- Maintain proper business operational documentation and customer repair files
- Accountable for compliance to all Collision initiatives
- Ensure the collection of accounts receivable on all insurance and wholesale accounts closed
- Maintain financial accounts related to Collision Center operations (AR/open RO list/PO schedule) to ensure compliance with accounting guidelines
- Ensure closed ROs reflect work performed and are compliant with AutoNation rules on revenue recognition
- Ensure the collision center’s parts and supply inventory is maintained per AutoNation Parts reconciliation standards
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in an auto body repair facility
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience leading and developing a team
- Strong command of MS Office Suite with a focus on Word, Excel and Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of auto body repair techniques and auto repair life cycle
- Proven ability to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Strong analytical skills; able to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals.
- Demonstrated communication, consultative, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must have a valid, in-state driver’s license with an acceptable, safe driving record.
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Collision Director role. Future opportunities may include:
- Regional Collision Director
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented. Career opportunities are dependent on business and staffing needs, as well as the qualifications of internal and external candidates.
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
This job has expired.