IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! - APPLY TODAY!!!
Safety is our priority! COVID-19 protocols are in place, including mandatory face coverings, social distancing, disinfection standards, and others to protect our associates.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers. We are a service and retreading market leader with over 180 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nation-wide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE - ALWAYS'. We offer a safe work environment, competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription drug and dental plans, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays.
As a Commercial Service Technician, you will be accountable for properly and safely performing the tire and related services needed for all commercial tire users both in the truck care center and on the road. Experience isn't required for this position, you will be able to be trained in any skills required. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Service Commercial Tires including dismounting and mounting any type of tire.
- Train to perform match mounting, match mating dual assemblies, and radial runout as necessary.
- Inflating of tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
- Perform roadside service calls on a rotating on call schedule.
- Determine repairable tire conditions and making such repairs.
- Remove tires for retreading or repair as needed.
- Properly execute required service ticket to submit to management.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer service calls, diagnosing issues, and performing on-site repairs and/or replacements.
- Clean and maintain service equipment.
- Properly maintain assigned Service Vehicle including appearance of on-board service equipment.
- Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the location and of customers
- Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
- Wear proper PPE, use tire cages, and follow all other safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- Position requires an on-call schedule on a rotating basis. Must be willing to perform service calls on nights and/or weekends on a rotating basis.
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including being at least 21 years of age.
- No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous Commercial Service Tire experience.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.