Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS)is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega - with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
Community Health Paramedic
The Population Health Paramedic (PHP) identifies patients who appear to have difficulty in managing their own health care as evidenced by frequent and potentially inappropriate use of 911 and emergency departments. Once identified, the PHP engages patients who lack resources or have barriers to managing personal health care in the most appropriate setting. Establishes benchmarks for reduction in unnecessary ED visits, 911 responses, and readmission to hospital within 30-days of discharge. Identifies free or low-cost community health resources that are available to the underserved. Educates the community in improving personal health. Graduates people out of the program as self-sufficiency is demonstrated. Works primarily independently and reports weekly status to director.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Required: High School Diploma. Georgia Paramedic license, current certification in Community Paramedicine or actively pursuing same. AHA Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
Preferred: AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Advanced Medical Life Support, Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support, and Advanced Stroke Life Support. Experience managing chronic health conditions and behavioral health issues.
Additional Experience: 5 years of paramedic experience with a 911 ambulance provider.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Develop network of patient referral resources.
2. Maintains and operates the population health vehicle in safe manner.
3. Knowledge of the electronic medical record and reporting to identify program candidates.
4. Coordinates with physicians, APPs, and clinical practice managers then establishes individualized goals for patients to improve their own health.
5. Analyze CMS data to identify opportunities for readmission penalties.
6. Develop and maintain a program where patients can be recognized for meeting milestones and graduation.
7. Coordinate with Community Health Improvement department initiatives.
8. Develop after-hours contact for patients who have questions or concerns on nights and weekends.
9. Conducts post-discharge follow up and care not otherwise available as needed and within scope.
10. Performs home environment assessment to identify barriers, hazards, and other self-health challenges.
11. Coordinates with LCSW on cases with persons with behavioral health conditions that compromise self health maintenance.
12. Assists patients on education and compliance with care plans for chronic disease management.
Since first opening its doors in Gainesville in 1951, Northeast Georgia Medical Center has added hospital campuses in Braselton, Barrow and Dahlonega - and become Georgia's most awarded hospital. Some recognitions include being named to these lists:
America's 50 Best Hospitals- Healthgrades
100 Top Hospitals- Truven Health Analytics
100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs- Beckers Hospital Review
America's Top Quality Providers- Carechex
Atlanta's Top 150 Workplaces- Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Healthcare's Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems- Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
NGMC has also been recognized in recent years as Georgia's #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women's care and more.
Posted 40 minutes ago
Posted 16 minutes ago
Posted 16 minutes ago