CHI St. Alexius Health Devils Lake Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been committed to providing patients quality medical treatment in the Lake Region area and surrounding communities since 1902. Our patients have access to a state-of-the-art health care facility, including 24-7 emergency care, a swing bed program, extensive therapy services, a critical care unit, obstetrical care, and advanced radiology.
This is a direct employee/patient-service position as a front-line screening team member. Primary responsibilities include screening employees/patients/visitors for temperature, possible COVID-19 symptoms and previous exposure to a COVID19 confirmed case. The screening team member will also be responsible for disbursement of surgical and handmade masks to all entering the facility.
- Screen all individuals entering the facilities - this will include measurement of temperature as well as review of a short screening survey. Provide all with a mask immediately upon entry into the facility.
- Continuous sanitation of phones, doors, windows et.
- Direct patients to their waiting areas and/or other locations.
- Ensure station is adequately stocked for next screener.
- Forward all screening questions to the Infection Preventionist.
- Company issued Scrubs, Goggles and surgical mask are mandatory throughout the shift - they should only be removed during breaks (away from the screening station).
- Make eye contact and cheerfully greet all internal and external customers.
- Know and understand the physical facilities and be able to give clear direction to customers regarding services and facility questions.
- Provide assistance to customers as needed.
- Maintain awareness of entrance doors and waiting area activity, keeping in mind customer/employee safety issues.
- Patient/employee privacy and confidentiality must always be maintained.
- Maintain professional environment, including personal appearance, and neat workstation.
Non-essential Job Responsibilities
During quiet times, may work on special projects assigned by other departments.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strict confidentiality
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.