Job ID: 298559
American Rock Products., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
These are entry level internships/trainee positions working to gain further experience in the construction field. Regular visits to the field may be required to examine projects and/or test materials. The positions involve supporting and working under a manager to prepare for a career in the industry. Types of internships may include, but are not limited to:
- Construction Management
- Specialty Projects
(Essential duties and functions will varying depending on internship type)
- Coordinate with agencies and traffic control subcontractors
- Assist in preparation and setup of job site work
- Coordinate work with subcontractors
- Assist with generating change orders
- Assist in tracking daily subcontract and prime contract quantities
- Participate in production meetings
- Provide ongoing project supervision
- Coordinate with superintendents
- Attend construction meetings with owners, utilities and subcontractors
- Perform grade checks
- Assist with job quantity measurements
- Assist with final billing quantity measurement
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the jobsite
- Supervise field operations
- Learn Estimating and Bid Tracking Software
- Learn to read specifications and plans
- Assist with reviewing and analyzing data relative to a project, incorporating various productions and costs appropriate in preparation of a bid
- Complete material and quantity takeoffs
- Perform various tests on aggregate production, asphalt mix, and ready-mix concrete: gradation, moisture, oil content, density, and strength
- Material sampling: plant and field
- Layout, fabrication, assembly
- Coordinate work of sub-trades and suppliers
- Mine plans
- Planning and zoning
- Environment reviews and inspections
- Support the safety goals and processes of the company
- Spend time in field operations
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of a related field degree program
- Must be available to work approximately 40 hours per week
- Must have a current and valid driver's license
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
Requisition #: 298559
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
American Rock Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jun 24, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Seattle Nearest Secondary Market:
Yakima Job Segment:
Construction, Fabrication, Testing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.