$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Are you looking to build a career in the environmental field? Are you passionate about the environment and working collaboratively to improve our environment? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you. Who are we? We are MSE Group, a subsidiary of Montrose Environmental Group, the premier environmental services provider.
The Construction Technician provides direct support, under the direction of a Project Manager or Deputy Project Manager, to environmental construction projects, and will complete tasks as assigned using applicable tools and skills to help develop, implement, and maintain management plans, procedures, and plans for our clients to ensure compliance with state, federal, and local regulations.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
At MSE Group (a Montrose Environmental Group Company), we're not just determined to think about a better way forward for environmental services today and down the road - we're committed to making it a reality. Our Principles guide us: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
Competitive Compensation Packages
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Medical, Dependent Care and Transit Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and access to additional voluntary programs
- 401k with a competitive employer match
- Progressive vacation policies and company holiday to ensure work/life balance for our people
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- Access to telemedicine and employee assistance programs
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
As an Environmental Construction Technician, you will be responsible for maintaining and evaluating various systems, making mechanical and plumbing repairs, operating and maintaining various machines, loading and unloading frequently heavy materials, and following directions from supervisors. To do well in this role you should be physically fit, reliable, and be a hard worker.Construction Technician Responsibilities
- Performs assessments and decontaminations.
- Effectively communicates project status with project managers about project status and issues that may impact project completion.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Maintains an organized job site and perform site clean-up when needed.
- Operates and cares for construction equipment and machines.
- Helps equipment operator when necessary.
- Preps construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Collects and downloads data and prepares into spreadsheets/field forms.
- Loads or unloads construction materials.
- Removes, fills, or compacts earth.
- Follows instructions from supervisors.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Works frequently on environmental remediation sites.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Exercises safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Participates in the company's continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Keeps up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Some experience preferred, but not required.
- Must have valid driver license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Ability to be punctual and reliable.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to present to Supervisors.
- Organization: Utilizes strong organization skills and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by a third party.
- Communication: Ability to effectively communicate both in the English written and spoken word and employs effective listening skills.
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) software.
- Proven ability to self-manage, identify problems and define solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Position requires that the individual have a basic understanding of task management, project management, program management, personnel management, and existing client sales.
- While performing the in-office responsibilities of the job, the employee may be required to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, and is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel. There may be occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor of supplies and materials weighing no more than 50 pounds. The work may involve some bending, standing or walking.
- Moderate exposure to environmental conditions that impact physical comfort such as temperature extremes while performing field work is possible. May be exposed to hazardous substances.
- The position may involve travel, as needed. Most travel is expected to be in the form of day-trips or week trips to client sites. Estimated travel away from home is 50%.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or email@example.com for assistance.
Vaccination against Covid-19 is strongly preferred. All employees will be subject to policies and procedures of the Company that may be dependent on vaccination status.MAKE THE MOVE
Montrose is a leading environmental solutions company focused on supporting commercial and government organizations as they deal with the challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow. Withapproximately 2,000 employees across over 70 locations around the world, Montrose combines deep local knowledge with an integrated approach to design, engineering, and operations, enabling the Company to respond effectively and efficiently to the unique requirements of each project. From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.
We are going to be blunt - the way we work may not suit to everyone. Montrose is fast-paced and dynamic. You are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues within Montrose. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we could be the perfect match made in heaven.
Want to know more about MSE Group and Montrose? Visit msegroup.com and montrose-env.com!
MSE Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our firm is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, and any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.