Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
The deployment of the Spectris Business System (SBS) is a major change transformation that requires detailed coordination of change management elements, training and coaching, program management, event planning, execution & follow up, problem solving and the reporting of the benefits. Having elements of the famed Toyota Management System, SBS is a Spectris-wide initiative, supported both at the corporate as well as OpCo-level leadership, to help the organization drive continuous improvement, reduce operating expenses, improve our customer experience and to provide numerous opportunities to both grow and develop with the Company. Red Lion seeks to grow organically through new product introductions. For the right individual, the opportunities can be significant.
The SBS Manager position reports to Sr. Director, Project Management & SBS, has a strong background in operations, supply chain, and continuous improvement, has a management team position, and is 100% dedicated to the deployment of the Business System throughout Red Lion. The role will be supported by, and take some strategic direction from, senior-level resources at the Spectris level.
The overall responsibility of the deployment remains with the Site or Function Leader who is supported by the management team including the SBS Manager. While a principle focus is on manufacturing operations, the SBS leader will identify, enable and support process improvement projects and progress throughout all functions and Value Streams.
While the role has no formal direct reports, the position is one of significant influence who will seek, train and coach organizational resources to run kaizen events and become "lean disciples" to multiply productivity enhancements SBS is designed to drive.
Key Job Requirements
- The SBS Manager will provide support by helping the management team to thoroughly plan, execute and deliver the SBS deployment activities of the SBS Framework.
- The SBS Leader will coordinate the necessary training and coaching to the management team and facilitate the delivery either personally or by using internal and/or external expertise so that they are capable of leading their own training/kaizen events.
- The results of the deployment (exit deliverables, KPI impact and SBS calibration) are owned by the management team and will be reported by the SBS Leader at the steering team meeting and during the deployment reviews with the SBS Group Team expert.
- The SBS Leader will respectfully challenge the status quo and be the role model for SBS thinking and maturity.
- Interface with Spectris leadership team regarding SBS progress
Communicate the lean vision
- Deliver training either directly or via SBS Group coaches or other internal or external experts
- Provide coaching to management team members and kaizen leads on event planning, execution and follow up
- Provide support to the management team on the delivery of results
- Develop and maintain networks with peers across Spectris group deployment sites and known external benchmarks and best practices
- Provide proposals for the site vision to bring the site in line with external benchmarks and best practices
- Maintain consistent behavior in line with the SBS Guiding Principles & Leadership behaviors
- Coaches the management team on the consistent lean principles
- Communicates the management team's SBS vision to all stakeholders at the site
- Publicize and celebrate the success of the deployment within and beyond the site
- Incorporate SBS into the agenda of all site visits
- Manage the deployment in line with the deployment roadmap milestones and deliverables
- Report the progress of the deployment during the steering team meeting and business SBS reviews
- Prepare for and recommend GO/NO GO and Site Certification Reviews (in accordance with the newly released Bronze, Silver, Gold levels within the Spectris Business System).
- Bachelors or Master's degree
- Minimum of 5 years' working experience in a Continuous Improvement or Value Stream role. Leadership positions are welcome
- Experience in site-wide Lean deployment
- Lean certification from industry leader is welcome
- Demonstratable track record of sustained improvements in a manufacturing setting
- Demonstrated networking and team building successes
- Ability to enthuse colleagues in Lean Thinking as a business necessity
- Able to work at multiple levels of the organization, from Team Members on the Shop-floor to Senior Managers
- A belief in 'walking the talk', leading by example and working as a member of a team
- Some business travel may be necessary, but the role will primarily be focused in York
Red Lion Controls is committed to recruiting and selecting candidates based on their qualifications. We are a proud EEO employer and will hire, train and promote individuals regardless of age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable laws.
This job has expired.