As a DevOPs Engineer you will work in a fast paced environment and be responsible for managing AutoNation's software release pipeline. You will manage version control management, build automation, test orchestration automation, infrastructure-as-code, configuration management automation, deployment automation. You will also provide level II support for incident management and fullfill general process automation requests.
This is an onsite position located in the heart of beautiful Downtown Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Build and manage code release pipelines to DIT, QA, Stage and Production environments
- Build automation in VSTS Build for Java and/or .NET applications
- Test orchestration (unit, integration, functional)
- Infrastructure automation in AWS (CloudFormation) and/or Azure (ARM Templates)
- Work independently as the technical lead for assigned projects representing DevOps
- Define non-functional requirements
- Collaborate with architects to deliver infrastructure design
- Implement the infrastructure design
- Create technical documentation as needed
- Provide level 2 production support as needed
- AWS applications using the following platforms and infrastructures: Docker, ECS, Lambda, SQS, SNS,SES, IAM, ALB, VPCs, DNS, FWs, Storage Accounts, CloudFront
- Azure applications using the following platforms and infrastructure: Service Fabric, ASE, ALB, VNETs, DNS, FWs, Storage Accounts
- Windows Application Servers with SQL Server backends (IIS, WebApps, WebServices, etc)
- Attend daily SCRUM standup meetings with PMO, development and QA teams
- 1-2 years of experience with webapps, container, and microservices technology in AWS and/or Azure
- AWS ECS, EC2, S3, CloudFront, CloudWatch
- Azure Service Fabric, Azure App Services, Azure SQL, Azure PaaS
- Docker, Kubernetes
- 2-3 years of experience automating the provisioning of cloud resources in Azure (ARM Templates) and/or AWS (CloudFormation)
- 1-2 years of experience managing API layer with an API Management tools (Azure APIM)
- 2-3 years of experience managing enterprise on-prem infrastructures (VMs, LBs, Network protocols, Windows Server, Linux)
- 2-3 years of experience implementing process automation using scripting tools and languages such as PowerShell, bash and other related languages
- Experience troubleshooting full stack implementations from client to backend systems using tools such as Wireshark, SysInternals, APMs, Log Parsers and Fiddler
- Experience with ALM and release management processes
- Familiarity with coding standards such as MVC, client-side frameworks (Angular JS/jQuery), asynchronous programming, web sockets (SignalR), web APIs, SOA, SQL and mobile clients is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or equivalent job experience
- Microsoft MCSE and/or AWS/Azure certification preferred
Next Possible Position: Senior Engineer - DevOps
- Requires travel within the US as needed
- Ability to work onsite 5 days a week in the AutoNation Corporate Office (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Participate in an on-call pager rotation once every 8 weeks
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: DevOPs, Cloud, AWS, Azure, Automation, Fort Lauderdale, South Florida
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
This job has expired.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.