Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Contracts Manager
A Contracts Administrator II has responsibility for assisting the Contracts Manager in all aspects of contract administration for assigned program(s) including but not limited to the following:
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Administers highly complex multi-billion dollar contracts containing multiple contract types and multiple contract line items;
- Participating in day-to-day contract administration activities;
- Logging and tracking contractual issues with status from inception to resolution (e.g. weekly report);
- Drafting contracts, contract modifications, agreements, terms and conditions, correspondence and other contract related documents;
- Researching and developing company position statements incorporating fact based scenarios and contractual application;
- Acting as representative liaison and point of contact with the Customer on formal communications and submittals, and as delegated, leading the negotiations for contract modifications;
- Acting as representative liaison and point of contact with major subcontractors on formal communications and submittals, and as delegated, leading the negotiations for new subcontracts and subcontract modifications;
- Acting as representative liaison and point of contact for coordination and communication with all departments on contract related issues;
- Maintaining contract files (e.g. contracts, correspondence, modifications, data deliverables lists);
- Maintaining current contract values for purposes of validation and redundancy with other departments (i.e. Finance and Program Office);
- Assisting in the management and resolution of accounting issues that have significant implications to contract performance and payment for same (e.g. contract type, cost accounting standards, cost allowability, payment terms, disclosure statements, certifications, audit requests, and retentions);
- Assisting in new business pursuits and change management on existing contracts by developing contract strategies and specifically for reviewing solicitations and change requests and assisting in the preparation of proposals, bids, and contract modifications including negotiating same with the Customer and major subcontractors;
- Reviewing the adequacy of new bid and change proposals for compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and other solicitation requirements and preparing the representations and certifications associated with same prior to submission to the Customer;
- Assisting all departments on issues of contract interpretation;
- Assisting on matters of contract dispute resolution including protests, claims and lawsuits;
- Analyzing and interpreting contract requirements, including all terms and conditions and FAR/DFARS to ensure compliance with same;
- Analyzing new laws, regulations and contract trends for potential impact on current and future contracts;
- Assisting in the development of business alliances and partnering agreements;
- Functioning as domain expert on selected areas and issues (e.g. foreign military sales, organizational conflict of interest or similar);
- Preparing regulatory submittals;
- Assisting in the identification, development, implementation and maintenance of Contracts Department practices, policies, procedures and guidelines; and
- Maintaining a strong understanding of the Company's overall business strategy and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications for contracting activities.
- Bachelor's Degree (advanced degree preferred) and 5+ years experience OR
- A minimum of 5+ yearsexperiencewith dedicated work under Navy/US Government Contracts and Government Contracts coursework.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, negotiating skills and the ability to manage and prioritize tasks using available resources effectively and efficiently.
- Must be proficient with the use of standard Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and other generally used business software (e.g. Adobe Acrobat Pro).
- Must be able to participate in a team to meet all commitments within a required deadline.
Customers, major subcontractors, management level personnel and other employees from all departments.ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES:
Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Able to provide proof of US Person Status
- No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from disposition date
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance may be required for certain programs.
- Must be Fully Vaccinated for COVID-19