Control Systems Engineer II
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC is a manufacturer of heavy-duty, zero-emissions engines for mobility applications. With facilities located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera provides clean, safe, and efficient products designed to meet the rigorous needs of industrial vehicles and other transportation markets.
Nuvera is a subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers, manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY). Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 7,600 people worldwide.
We are seeking a Control Systems Engineer II to join our team. This individual will work with engineering teams to design build and maintain special purpose test equipment for the development of fuel cell power systems.
This role is responsible for analyzing internal customer requirements to deliver comprehensive test automation systems. The Control Systems Engineer II identifies system components and is responsible for the interface between hardware and software development.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Required Job Qualifications (unless otherwise noted):
- Design test system control specifications to drive software development
- Develop the conceptual design for test system HMI/GUI: program structure, general user interface, tag schemes, automation, alarm schemes, logging and data collection
- Produce test system documentation including safety risk assessments (what-if or FMEA), P&IDs, equipment operating procedures, instrument calibration and maintenance procedures
- Select final control devices and instrumentation: control valves, regulators, actuators, pressure relieving devices, flow controllers, pumps, motors, safety instrumentation, flow/temperature/pressure instruments and transducers
- Perform calculations to determine control element sizing, pressure drop, head pressure, fluid velocity, heat load, cooling and heating
- Test automation systems and participate in commissioning activities with a focus on troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Bachelor or MS of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Electromechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred)
Previous Work Experience
- 3+ years engineering experience with emphasis on automation of electromechanical systems
Skills and Abilities
- Solid grounding in engineering fundamentals: fluid dynamics, heat & mass transfer, electrical theory, thermodynamics, chemistry, and materials
- Creative problem solving/troubleshooting skills and ability to think objectively
- Experience working both independently and in team contexts, comfort with a rapid development pace and capability to multitask
- Strong sense of accountability, exceptional interpersonal/communication skills and ability to influence others
- Experience with and ability to understand complex mechanical and electrical product systems and test equipment
- Familiarity with data acquisitions systems and process/test stand automation
- I/O structure and analog/digital control signals
- Signal communication protocols: Ethernet/IP, CAN, serial communication (RS-232), GPIB
- PID controllers and tuning
- Experience working in a regulated industry and familiar with establishing means of compliance
- Knowledge of codes, standards and regulations: NFPA, ISA, NEC and OSHA
- Ability to develop, execute and document automation system testing
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Nuvera participates in e-Verify.Job ID
- Laboratory and office work environments.
- Ability to lift components weighing up to 35 lbs. is required
Full timeWork Hours
40Travel RequiredPrimary Location
Nuvera US Billerica, MAAddress
129 Concord Road Building 1Zip Code
NoRelocation Assistance Available
NoWe are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.