SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for the financial planning, analysis and reporting functions of the live production facilities. Other duties include:
- Staffing and supervising accounting and clerical employees related to live and plant operations and ensuring generally accepted accounting principles are adhered to as well as Tyson accounting policies and procedures (which may involve in-house auditing of books and inventories).
Supervision of the following duties:
- Reporting and analysis of live performance including cost variances; all production reporting and inventory functions; creation, reporting and analysis of Cost Savings and/or Cost Reduction activities at the plant and live level.
- Providing financial analysis and cost estimates and cost reduction efforts.
- Supervision of Payroll and hourly payroll timekeeping records processes and accounts payable exception resolution;
- Accounting for scalehouse and other live operations processes.
- Maintain and develop business relationships with personnel, maintenance, operations, engineering, materials supervision and management.
- Provide credible, accurate, thorough and depth of financial analysis in support of plant and live operations.
- Support LEAN and Safety initiatives as appropriate.
- Lead the efforts in preparation of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), capital project planning, annual & quarterly projections or outlooks of performance and weekly and monthly forecasts of expected performance.
- Develop and implement key controls for SOX compliance.
- Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts, financial transactions, and inventories in field to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field required. Experience
: 3 plus years of accounting management experience. Computer Skills:
Requires standard computer skills including generating spreadsheets and word processing macros, preparing complex graphic presentations. SAP experience in a preferred. Communication Skills
: Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team members; critical thinking skillsTravel:
1 to 5 domestic trips per year.Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for supervising a group of personnel in a single department or work unit who perform similar and/or interrelated tasks and activities.Please attach resume in order to be considered for this position. Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.