Corporate Communications Director
The Corporate Communications Director will lead the development of internal communications plans, materials and activities to advance the company's purpose, mission, strategy, culture and values. The Director will support the company's brand and business transformation efforts by building brand advocacy internally through change communications, executive communications, enterprise and business unit storytelling and other communications efforts, helping to create excitement for the future and a sense of unity across all associates.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Advance strategic communications plan focused on communicating the company's branding efforts as part of its overall journey story.
- Develop a cohesive message platform and compelling internal communications that effectively demonstrate how these efforts will further support achievement of the enterprise strategy of becoming a lifetime, trusted health partner.
- Deliver a variety of strategic communications deliverables best suited to drive holistic adoption of the brand transformation.
- Develop recommendations on associate engagement and ambassador-building tactics, to bring associates along in the journey.
- Integrate communication and change management plans to support the branding effort; ensure associate feedback is incorporated into the go-forward strategy.
- Partner effectively across the organization and with key stakeholders to align communications to broader enterprise content.
- Identify awareness gaps and proactively develop communications solutions to increase understanding and adoption.
BA/BS, preferably in English, Communications, Media or Journalism; 8 years of experience in a large organization or agency setting; or any combination of education and experience that would provide an equivalent background. Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong change, employee and brand communications capabilities, with demonstrated experience in supporting companies through large-scale, enterprise-wide change and strategic positioning initiatives.
- Experience developing and delivering internal communications strategies which inform and engage.
- Experience in communications planning and partnering cross-functionally.
- Experience in corporate branding and reputation-building efforts.
- Knowledge of the managed care/healthcare insurance industry preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal communication skills, along with excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to write about complex concepts in easy-to-understand language and distill messaging to reach a diverse internal audience.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously with minimal direction.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in large, complicated matrixed organizations; ability to navigate through ambiguous situations with little direction.
- Excellent project management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple projects and internal stakeholders simultaneously.
- A demonstrated ability to build relationships and earn the trust of all levels of employees and management.
Please note this is an individual contributor role.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health. Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.