Headquartered in Winchester, VA with over 30 locations across the country, American Woodmark is a leading cabinet manufacturer servicing the remodel and new construction markets. With over 10,000 employees, more than 15 brands and hundreds of cabinet styles, our commitment to quality and caring for our customers and employees never wavers.
The Operational Excellence Manager is responsible for training and implementing AWC Lean Systems across all manufacturing sites as well as overseeing various strategic VA projects of a highly complex nature. Responsibilities include but not limited to the initiation, planning, execution, and closure of assigned projects.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to excel at the essential functions assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
* Minimum of 8 years manufacturing experience; wood related preferred
* Minimum of 8 years supervision experience; multiple departments
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully leading and facilitating highly complex projects in a multi-plant environment that involves all levels of employees with measurable results
* Certified Lean Practitioner with experience in the implementation of lean manufacturing is preferred but not required
* Basic personal computer skills in a networked environment a plus, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project or Smart Sheet) are required
* Must be proficient in identifying areas of improvement, planning for, and leading Kaizen events, value stream mapping, single piece flow, levelizing work-loading, error proofing, visual workplace, standard work, set-up reduction and be familiar with SPC and Six-Sigma implementation
* Must possess a solid understanding of manufacturing flow intra-dependencies. Preferable to have knowledge of complete AWC flow from dimension and flat stock through to final assembly and shipment
* Ability to learn new concepts and pass the knowledge along to others in classroom and practical experience
* Proven ability to lead associates through coaching and mentoring
* Candidates should be highly energized and self-motivated with experience working with teams to implement change and be adept at communicating with all levels to get everyone on board
* Strong planning/organization & time management skills required
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
* Track record of successful project management across multiple sites.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common training, technical journals, statistical reports and blueprints/schematics
* Basic and advanced math skills, including the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams
* Develop presentations to be delivered to employee groups and management
* S. degree in Business/Engineering or related discipline: extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
* Oversee and assure cadence of Operational Excellence continual site improvements.
* Manage and execute key strategic projects as defined by the Director Operational Excellence.
* Using Lean Manufacturing techniques drive continuous improvement opportunities for the organization utilizing innovation in process improvement, troubleshooting problems, and eliminating waste.
* Provide strategic cross-functional leadership across all Value Streams to plan, train, standardize, and sustain the removal of waste from the value stream.
* Identify and create opportunities of continual improvement considering plant within plant manufacturing VA links as well as Plant to Plant VA opportunities.
* Foster the adoption of continuous improvement as a way life; creating a culture of change.
* May provide support, coaching, and development of the Plant Lean Managers.
* Work with internal providers and clients along with external suppliers and customers on improving the total enterprise using Lean Manufacturing techniques.
* Assist in defining and supporting standardized programs to educate employees in the principles of Lean Manufacturing and Operational Excellence.
* Assist in the development of best practices, and best practice sharing across all operations.
* Build strong and positive working relationships with all functional areas across the company
* Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor.
* Supervisory Responsibilities:
* This position will have direct-report responsibilities.
* May supervise teams on a project basis.
SCOPE & EXPECATIONS:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear
* The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms; occasionally working on a ladder
* The employee is occasionally required to sit
* Typical office and building and systems room environment; outdoor work on the grounds include parking lot and landscaped areas
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds over head
* Reports to: Director of Process Engineering
* Occasional weekend work may be required
* Travel Requirements:
* 50-75% travel can be expected with this position
* Recruitment process may consist of any combination of phone, video and in person interviews
* Offers may be contingent upon successful completion of Background Check, Drug Screen, Physical Examination and/or potential Motor Vehicle Check
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
* Competitive Compensation
* Health Care Benefits
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Vacation Days
* Paid Sick Days
* 401(k) Match
* Tuition Assistance
* Relocation Assistance when available
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Buffalo, New York
Posted about 1 hour ago
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!