FACILITY OPERATIONS-IUB (BL-PHYP-IUBLA)
The Capital Planning & Facilities (CPF) division of Indiana University has an exciting leadership opportunity for a financial administration leader.
CPF works to ensure that all IU campuses are beautiful, functional, and sustainable by supporting excellence in teaching, learning, research, and community engagement across the entire university. This position is part of the Support Resources unit which provides financial analysis, budget oversight, compliance support, procurement and construction contract management, bidding, supplier relationships and transactional processing for all units within the CPF division. Learn more about Support Resources by visiting our web page here.
At CPF, we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion are inseparable from our mission to create campuses and communities that keep our faculty, staff and students feeling safe, supported and included. CPF Cares about each individual and the unique background and capabilities they bring to our team. It is through these diverse experiences and perspectives that we will thrive in the future as a team that actively represents Indiana University's commitment to diversity and equity.
- Drives vehicle to deliver and pick up a variety of materials and goods.
- May use fork lift, floor jack, or hand truck in the loading and unloading of materials; ensures goods are loaded correctly for transport.
- Organizes pickups and deliveries and sorts items to be delivered according to the delivery route or plan and follows the most efficient routing.
- Obtains signatures or receipts upon delivery.
- Maintains vehicle logs and reports any mechanical problems.
- May record information about deliveries and pickups into database.
- May assist in other areas of the department as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- 1 year of delivery experience
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATESRequired
- Possess a valid driver's license and ability to be insured by Indiana University Upon date of Hire
Working Conditions / Demands
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to know your location in relation to the environment or to know where other objects are in relation to you and the vehicle.
- Ability to maintain friendly and pleasant demeanor while interacting with customers.
- Ability to use forklifts, floor jacks, or hand trucks.
- Ability to work with wide variety of cultures and backgrounds.
This role requires stationary positioning for long periods of time. It also requires a CDL-B or chauffer's level driver's license issued by the State of Indiana and the ability to be insured by Indiana University. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential tasks with or without an accommodation. Work Location
This is an in person position. Advertised Salary
$30,000 - $32,448 annually Benefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Foundational
Job Function: Operations
Job Family: Transportation
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.