Schedule: Full-time, 40 hrs/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Under the supervision of the Nursing Director and as a member of the Department Based Patient Care Team, the department secretary performs a wide range of secretarial duties and coordinates department admissions and throughput to ensure professional and efficient operation of the department in providing quality patient care.
• Follows established hospital and departmental precautions and procedures in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment for patients.
• Interacts with others within and outside the hospital to explain department services, policies and procedures.
• Coordinates scheduling and special arrangements and resolves matters within the scope of own authority or as directed by supervisor.
• Performs assigned administrative duties to ensure efficient operation of the department
• Triages phone calls in a pleasant and courteous manner, collaborating with professional personnel when appropriate, accurately relaying messages to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
• Receives visitors to the department in a professional manner, projecting a positive public image.
• Assists in facilitating patient flow by appropriately notifying RN staff of patient arrivals, cancellations, etc.
• Participates in distributing patient teaching materials, giving instructions to patients as appropriate and reinforcing information for readiness for surgery.
• Maintains inventory and orders office and medical supplies according to knowledge of usage patterns and budgeted allowances. Prepares and follows-up on purchase orders and requests for checks.
• Provides secretarial support to ensure efficient and confidential flow of information for patient's medical records in a flexible and timely manner.
• Requests medical records in advance as per protocol, updates medical record requests when add-ons occur on the schedule, notifies Medical Records Dept. of missing charts and chart contents.
• Demonstrates ability to efficiently use electronic health record to schedule appointments, communicate results and patient questions to other members of the care team and perform all appropriate functions as needed.
• Accurately enters statistical data to support quality initiatives in the department.
• May fill in in comparable role, provide support in other Perioperative Departments.
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you're looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
• High School Diploma required, Associates Degree preferred
• Previous clerical experience preferred
• Exemplifies CARE standards.
• Demonstrated history of excellent customer service skills.
• Demonstrated history of excellent teamwork and proactive work.
• Epic/Procedure Pass/InBasket experience preferred
• Ability to speak, read and write English
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer proficiency
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!