Location:Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD 20814
Category:Social Work/Mental Health
The Crisis Therapist / LCSW / LCPC will work within the Crisis Intervention Dept. which provides both psychiatric and addiction (i.e., alcohol and drug abuse) assessments in our Emergency Department, as well as liaison services for medical patients. The Crisis Intervention Team acts as consultants to physicians by providing crisis intervention and psychiatric/addiction assessments. The goal is to place patients in the least restrictive treatment setting, to offer stabilization and then a carefully designed appropriate treatment plan and referral.
The Crisis Therapist / LCSW-C / LCPC is responsible for development, implementation, coordination, evaluation and promotions of psychiatric social work services within the Emergency Dept.
- Arranges appropriate patient placement or treatment recommendations based on assessment of presenting symptoms and identified risk factors; maintains knowledge base regarding referral resources and placement options; initiate consultation with community-based therapist, case manager and psychiatrist.
- Performs a complete, comprehensive assessment of patient and family psychosocial/safety needs to include coping mechanisms, suicide risk assessment, assessment of compliance history with plan of care, medications and desired outcomes.
- Makes referrals to appropriate level of care and/or services such as substance abuse, patient/family counseling/therapy.
- Obtains voluntary consent or initiates involuntary commitment when indicated; obtains insurance pre-authorization for inpatient admissions to SH behavioral health unit from the ED and medical floors and for transfers to other hospitals from the ED.
Weekday evenings and weekend evenings (3p-9pm, 5p-9p, 6p-10p), and weekend overnights 10p-6a.
- Current Maryland LCSW-C or LCPC is required
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/crisis-therapist-prn-social-work-mental-health-us-md-bethesda-suburban-h-618538-f180d/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.