BGIS is currently seeking a Critical Facility Engineer (Data Center) to join the team in Secaucus, NJ.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes, and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
Purpose Statement: Maintain critical mechanical, electrical, and control systems in a critical environment facility.
Maintain Data Center Systems
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients.
- Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner.
- Respond to emergency calls.
Required Education, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Performs maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with BGIS Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
- Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets BGIS and Client standards.
- Accurate and timely completion of work order requests.
- Escalate issues to Critical Environment Facility Manager as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems typically used in critical environments.
- High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Physical ability to walk job sites on uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
- Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Respond to off-hour emergency calls.
Visit us online at https://www.bgis.com/us/careers/ for more information.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.