Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County. Physicians provide a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services at the 327-bed hospital and outpatient facilities both on and off of the Eskenazi Health downtown campus as well as at 10 Eskenazi Health Center sites located throughout Indianapolis.
Job Role Summary
The Radiologic Technologist Specialty - PRN may perform standard procedures in Cardiac Diagnostics, CT, MRI, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, or Interventional Radiology on designated sections of the body as required by physician orders. This position reports to the Radiology Supervisor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Proactively contributes to Eskenazi's mission: Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve with special emphasis on the vulnerable population of Marion County. Models Eskenazi values
• Performs standard procedures on designated sections of the body as required by physician orders
• Selects proper exposure factors/protocols for each procedure/selects proper settings
• Positions and instructs patients; utilizes protective shielding, immobilization, and supportive devices as required
• Assumes responsibility for the care and safety of the patients undergoing procedures
• Transfers images from file to file/archiving system
• Primary imaging performed electronically on PACs
• Performs routinely required paperwork, scheduling, assists Radiologists/managers as needed
• Restores images from PAC system
• Responsible for the operations of the injector and properly sets equipment
• Starts an IV and administers IV /oral contrast media
• Alters activities to reflect/ensure adequate care appropriate to the age of patients served (i.e., adolescent, geriatric, pediatric, neonatal, adult) as described in the area/unit age-specific and/or job specific competencies
Demonstrates skills and knowledge acquired through graduation from a Radiologic Technology Program.Minimum of one (1) year previous working experience in radiologic technology with emphasis on one a specialty modality.