Required to perform both CT/XR and work up to 2 available shifts/pay period.
Trinity Health System, one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 5 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
Operates computerized tomographic (CT) scanners to obtain images for use by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of pathologies and disease. Prepares patients for procedures, administers oral and intravenous contrast media, operates scanners according to protocol using ALARA techniques.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSUREEducation:
- Using department guidelines/protocols, physician recommendations and personal judgment, technologists shall review patient charts and radiological history for each individual patient to determine proper protocol based on the physician's order, patient history, and to identify any contraindications to oral and or intravenous preps.
- Adheres to department policy for identifying patients before beginning any diagnostic or interventional procedure.
- Transfers patients to CT table, assists patients with positioning and applies immobilization and support devices as necessary. Explains procedure, instructs and reassures the patients, using care, courtesy and tact.
- Administers contrast media, per protocol, and radiologists and or referring physician orders, for CT examinations following established sterile techniques and methods. .
- Applies knowledge of potential radiation hazards and observes appropriate radiation safety regulations.
- Demonstrates proven competencies in operating the scanner controls/table and peripheral devices including, manipulation of techniques, tube warm up and calibration, remote access to applications and service, EKG machine and contrast power injector.
- Burns CD's as required and requested by departments, patients and physicians using the PACS and or PACS Cube devices.
- Maintains required files and records for equipment and patients.
- Notifies appropriate personnel immediately when the equipment malfunctions and/or needs repair (ie I-Link).
- Schedules CT examinations in order to ensure smooth flow and optimal utilization of equipment.
- Performs the duties of a general diagnostic radiologic technologist as required
- for their site, shift (eg; Livingston, Saline) and/or assignment. (refer to job description N0918, Radiographer).
- Maintains ARRT registry by obtaining necessary continuing education credits.
- Maintains BLS competency as evidenced by attendance at an annual BLS review.
- Demonstrates proficiency in veinpucture policies and techniques.
- Maintains competency in all CT specific procedures and protocols, other than those listed below.
- If a specific procedure is not performed routinely at the technologist's home site, annual or semi-annual schedule modifications may be required (e.g assignment to the AA campus) as determined by the SDL.
- Cardiac CTA, Colonography, Advanced Post Processing on Vitrea, Quality Control (site specific).
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships.
- Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
- Additional duties as assigned by the hiring manager/supervisor.
Requires Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience. ARRT(R) registered.Experience:
Prefer 6 months of CT and or diagnostic imaging experience.REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with all patients.
- Analytical skills necessary to acquire and effectively utilize knowledge of computerized tomography techniques and methods, and of cross sectional anatomy in order to obtain quality images.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail at all times when operating equipment, manipulating and reproducing images.
- Ability to recognize pathology and tailor examination to provide a complete diagnosis.
For more information regarding career opportunities with Saint Joseph Mercy Health System please visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.