Our Customer Advocates are the key to what we "do" at Blue Cross of Idaho! Join our award-winning team providing outstanding customer service in our contact center environment.
This is an onsite, seasonal Customer Service position offered as a temporary work opportunity through our staffing agency partners. There is potential temp-to-hire opportunity based upon attendance, teamwork, and performance.
This class will be supporting Government Programs/Medicare Advantage customer service by answering inbound phone calls from new Medicare Advantage plan members responding to an automated "welcome message". On occasion, Customer Advocates will also make outbound welcome calls to plan members.
There is no sales aspect to this position.
- Ability to work onsite at our Meridian Idaho campus
- Ability to attend 1-week, paid training class Monday-Friday, from 8:00am-5:00pm. After training, work schedule hours will fall within Monday-Friday 8am-6:30pm, and overtime may be requested
We're seeking Seasonal Customer Advocates with:
- High comfort level receiving/making calls and following a call script
- Previous experience in contact/call center, customer service, health insurance, and/or medical office will help support your success in this position
- Phenomenal verbal and written communication
- Digital literacy, such as Microsoft Office Suite, data entry, using multiple software applications simultaneously, with strong general computer skills to include intranet/internet navigation
- Problem solving and basic math skills
What your day may look like:
This position assists the Customer Service and Sales/Account Management teams with an important seasonal project: customers who recently signed up for a Medicare Advantage insurance plan with Blue Cross of Idaho will be calling in, in response to an automated message they received to welcome them as new members. Following a call script, you'll represent Blue Cross of Idaho, share available tools and resources, and if needed will coordinate a follow-up call with an experienced team member to further review plan questions. During and after your call, document notes and update member information. An important part of your work includes maintaining performance guidelines, and we will also count on you to adhere to scheduling so we can work as a team to provide excellent service levels.
Ultimately, our team works together to have fun while providing meaningful customer support - help us make a difference in our communities!Reasonable accommodations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This job has expired.