Location:Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a world renowned leader in patient care, serving the greater Baltimore community and patients from all across the globe.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff teams provide support throughout our many specialty departments and centers, from primary visits to emergency care.
What Awaits You?
- Career growth and development
- Tuition Assistance
- Diverse and collaborative working environment
- Affordable and comprehensive benefits package
Day Shift; 8:30am - 5:00pm
Weekends Rotations RequiredPosition Summary:
- Performs a variety of both routine and complex clinical laboratory tests in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Prepares and determines suitability of solutions, regents and stains, following defined formulas and procedures.
- Maintains and troubleshoots equipment by making such routine repairs as are necessary or notifying service personnel when more complex problems occur.
- Performs related general duties such as ordering supplies, general lab housekeeping and maintaining safety records.
- These require a professional level of knowledge to properly execute and analyze results, especially where results are abnormal or atypical.
- Specific duties may vary according to laboratory and rotation assigned.
- Work requires Bachelor's degree in biology, genetics, microbiology, chemistry, hematology or related field. (Department may accept other Bachelors or advanced degree with 5 or more years of Cytogenetics laboratory experience).
- This role is intended for individuals with less than 2 years of experience or those with several years of related laboratory experience that do not hold certification.
- Experience must minimally include clinical laboratory rotation and knowledge of clinical laboratory tests and equipment at a level acquired through completion of a bachelor of science degree and/or equivalent education and training in biology, genetics, microbiology, chemistry, hematology, or related field.
Certification in Cytogenetics ASCP or a nationally recognized professional organization is preferred.
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons and religious beliefs. Requests for medical exceptions must be submitted at your occupational health screening. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/cytogenetics-technologist-surgical-pathology-laboratory-pathology-us-md-baltimore-johns-hop-619124-ff6d7/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.